Personal Life :
Rujuta Diwekar, one of India’s and Maharashtra’s most popular sports nutrition and diet guides was born into a typical middle-class Maharashtrian family.
Her family included her parents – Her father is an Engineer, mother a chemistry teacher and sister Ankita Diwekar is a MBA graduate from IIM Ahmedabad. Right from her childhood, Yoga was a big part of their family culture and lifestyle. Interested in outdoor sports since childhood, she first started work as an assistant in an aerobics class.
Diwekar completed her Post Graduate education in Sports Science and nutrition from the S.N.D.T College, Mumbai in 1999. She additionally finished a course in Sports Nutrition from the Australia institute of Sports in 2010. Courses in Yoga and Vedanta along with Ayurveda from Sivananda Yog Vedanta forest academy were also completed by her.
Professional Life :
She wrote her first book back in 2010, Dont Lose Your Mind, Lose Your Weight around October 2008. It has sold 100,000 copies since its launch. Thereafter, she has launched a number of books, coaching plans and workshops on the science of healthy eating and nutrition.
Diet Plan and Diet Tips :
Few of the tips recommended by her in various interviews etc include
- Focus on eating the regular Indian diet – Dal, rice, rotis, vegatables in moderate quantities
- Move over and sit less, don’t sit in one place for more than 30 minutes
- Eat fruits such as Mangoes, Sitafal, grapes regularly
A nutrition guide to big celebrities including sportsmen, business opople, actors and actresses from the glamour world. Few of her most famous clients include :
- Anil Ambani
- Kareena Kapoor
- Alia Bhatt
- Saif Ali Khan
- Anupam Kher
- Karishma Kapoor
- Richa Chadda
- Shahid Kapoor
Clients And Awards:
On account of her success and contribution, she has received many awards till date. Few of them include :
- Won the ‘Nutrition award’ – Asian institute of Gastroenterology, Hyderabad.
- People magazine’s50 most powerful people in India’
- Recipient of the Mukta Sanman award 2013 – IBN-Lokmat.
- ‘Under 35 achievers of India’ & ‘Change makers of Mumbai’ – Awarded by the India today magazine.
- Mata Sanman Youth Achievement award 2013 – Awarded by newspaper Maharashtra Times.
- Voted amongst the ’50 power women’ in the annual list compiled by VERVE magazine.
Hobbies : Reading books, watching movies and fitness regime.