Wikipedia Information / Biography Profile
- Humberto Busto is an actor, director, producer and scriptwriter popular majorly for his role as “Don Sol” in the hit Netflix series ‘El Chapo’.
- Busto was born on June 23, 1978 in Mexico City, Distrito Federal, Mexico.
Personal Life & Family Background :
- Trevor Engelson was born on October 23, 1976, in Great Neck, New York. One of two sons born to parents David and Leslie, he has a brother named Drew.
- After dating for seven years, Trevor married Meghan Markle in 2011. The couple divorced only two years later, a move that was apparently out of the blue to Trevor.
- In fact, it was so abrupt and unexpected, that Meghan reportedly returned her wedding and engagement rings via registered mail.
- Introduced by mutual friends in 2017, Trevor started dating nutritionist and heiress, Tracey Kurland.
- Just weeks after Meghan married Prince Harry, Trevor proposed to his new love in Napa Valley. They are set to be married in May 2019.
Early Life & Education :
- Humberto graduated from Universidad Autónoma de México (CUT) in Dramatic Arts.
- His passion for filmmaking pushed him to study the subject at California State University, Northridge, a public University located in Los Angeles, California. He studied here as a part of an exchange programme.
- Buston is also a Berlinale Talents attendant which is organized by the Berlin International Film Festival annually & helps participants expand their connections and network. Here he attended workshops and studio programmes with reputed artists like Wolfgang Becker, Mike Leigh, Frances McDormand, Alan Parker and Stephen Frears.
- He has also achieved a certification in audio visual media.
Work, Salary & Net Worth :
- In year 2000, Humberto began his career in the film industry with the movie “Amores Perros”, a Mexican thriller drama directed by Alejandro González Iñárritu.
- Ever since, Busto has filmed over 25 feature movies and 20 short films. Some of his movies include – Borderland (2009), Manuela and Manuel (2007), The Incident, Familia Gang (2014), The Similars (2015).
- He was also a part of Hazlo Como Hombre, a 2017 Mexican comedy-drama film.
- Busto was awarded the “Best Mention Actor” at the Morelia International Film Festival, an annual event that started in Mexico in 2003, for the movie, Polar Bear.
- Besides being an actor, Humberto is also a short film writer and director and has the movies “Three Songs that suddenly stop but Never End”, “Even a prune ripens” and “La teta de Botero”, amongst others, to his short film career. One of his movies was nominated as Best Short Film of 2016 at the Mexican Cinema Awards (ARIEL).
- As a director, scriptwriter and producer in movies, Humberto has produced and co written “Julkita”, which was selected in around 20 festivals around the world including Clermont Film Festival.
- As a TV actor, Humberto starred as Conrado Higuera Sol or “Don Sol”, in the famed series El Chapo, a crime TV series, co-produced by Univision and Netflix. The show brought him international recognition & his performance was much appreciated.
Social Media & Fun Facts :
- Humberto is quite popular on social media and has over 25,000 followers on Instagram and over 15,000 followers on Twitter.