|Personal Details Summary
|Age / How old / Birthday / Date of Birth / DOB
|December 25, 1985. As of 2024, she is around 39 years old.
|Wedding & Marriage / Husband / Spouse / Partner
|Married. Check the full bio for relationship details.
|Children / No. of Kids
|Ethnicity / Origin / Heritage / Race
Alex Denis recognizes the juggling act that is part of being a full-time working mother & a popular news anchor. She is proud of her military family and the sacrifices they have personally made in support of the country.
Personal Life, Parents and Family Details :
- Alex Denis is the daughter of native New Yorker parents who moved to Tampa, Florida, for the sunny weather.
- Growing up in Florida, she watched the broadcast news frequently and went to school to become a journalist.
- Alex is a ‘Magna-cum-Laude’ graduate from The School of Mass Communications at the University of South Florida.
- Alex currently lives in New Jersey with her husband, Tye Reedy, an Army Ranger and West Point graduate who has been on multiple deployments to Iraq and Afghanistan.
- Alex and Tye (who married in 2009) have a chocolate Labrador and two children, a son, Beau, and a daughter, Georgia.
More about her Husband :
- Alex’s hubby Tye Reddy was a Florida State wrestler who won the state title in 2001 and was part of the 2000 Junior Olympic wrestling games. The couple got married on June 20, 2009, and have had their share of military family difficulties and the loss of Tye’s colleagues on some of his deployments.
- During one of his missions, Operation Lexicon, while Tye was a Captain, he led his team to several successful missions. Despite having to renegotiate and reorganize multiple times due to insurgent attacks and wounded soldiers, Tye was able to coordinate well.
- It fell to Tye to tell the coordinating Platoons that their leaders had passed due to their injuries and to consolidate and rally them to work with his group to fend off the approaching enemy.
- His actions over the course of several days prevented death and injury, enabled a safe and successful mission, demonstrated loyalty and respect for his Army comrades, and aided in the Strong Eagle campaign. Reedy reminded his fellow soldiers that change “isn’t a quick fix; we are building toward the end state, leaving it a little better for the next unit.”
Career, Job, Salary and Net Worth :
- Alex began her journalism career as a desk assistant at WFTS in Tampa, Florida.
- She also worked as the morning traffic anchor and reporter at WZTV in Nashville for a short time.
- She then worked at WJHG in Panama City as a General Assignment Reporter and bureau chief, also known as a jack-of-all-trades.
- Frequently out in the field and scooping original community stories, Denis is a well-respected member of the reporting team. She is a two-time Emmy Award-winning live broadcast correspondent.
- For more than 15 years, Denis works with CBS 2 New York as the Now Trending social media expert, reporting on trending topics, people, videos, and events. She is adventurous, trying out the latest craving and tracking down the stories.
- In a heartfelt post dated February 21, 2023, Denis announced that it was her last day on air after a remarkable 17-year career of storytelling. She expressed gratitude to their supporters and hinted at an exciting new opportunity to make a statewide impact.