Wikipedia Biography / Profile Background
- Ali Watkins is an American journalist and reporter who currently works for The New York Times (NYT).
- She became well-known while still in college, when she was a contributing reporter on an exposé involving the CIA, but has since gained international attention for her relationship with a former senior aide to the Senate Select Committee on Intelligence (SSCI).
Personal Life, Parents and Family Details :
- Ali Watkins was born in Freetown, Pennsylvania. After graduating from college, she lived in Washington, D.C., for work but later relocated to New York for her current role.
- Despite being in different states, she is close with her parents, Christine and Mark, and her brother, Josh.
- In 2018, Ali found herself in the middle of a scandal when (now former) director of security for the SSCI, James Wolfe, was arrested for suspicion of leaking secret intelligence to reporters.
- Ali had been in a three-year relationship with Wolfe. Although they both denied he ever acted as a source for her, Ali was scrutinized because she covered national security and the SSCI itself.
- The relationship was further judged because of their 30+ year age difference and the fact that Wolfe was married.
- Originally hired by the NYT to cover federal law enforcement, Ali has since been taken off the beat and moved from their Washington D.C. location to New York.
Early Life and Education :
- With a clear idea of what she wanted to do in life, Ali wrote for the Reading Eagle newspaper in the Voices section (written by and for teens) while she was a student at Fleetwood High School.
- Pursuing her dream further, she attended Temple University, where she earned her Bachelor’s degree in Journalism. She was also on the school’s rowing team and raced in triathlons in her spare time.
- During her senior year in college, Watkins was part of a three-team journalism crew that revealed the CIA was monitoring the computers of the SSCI, who was in the middle of gathering information on the CIA’s secret detention and interrogation methods. The report earned her a Pulitzer Prize nomination in 2015.
Career, Job, Salary and Net worth :
- After completing an internship with McClatchy Newspapers, Ali was hired by their Washington sector to cover national security and regional politics.
- Over the next three years, she took new jobs as a reporter on national security at The Huffington Post, BuzzFeed News, and Politico.
- During each stint, she told her editors that she was in a relationship with a member of the SSCI, although she did not reveal his name.
- Once described as a “hotshot” in the industry for her success at such a young age, Ali’s work has been featured on MSN, The Boston Globe and The Toronto Star, to name a few.
Fun Facts and Trivia :
- A close-knit family, the Watkins go on regular family vacations where they often take photos wearing color-coordinated outfits.
- Working in the media is a family affair. Brother Josh is a media producer and editor at a studio in New Jersey.
- Aside from journalism, Ali loves her husky Kellan, motorcycles, whiskey and the Philadelphia Eagles.
Body Figure / Physical Info
- Eye Color : Blue
- Haircut / Hair Color : Brown
- How tall is Ali Watkins Height : 5′5″
- Feet / Legs / Boots / Shoe Size : 8
- Pregnant? : Currently, she is not expecting a baby.
Personal / Home Details
- Ali Watkins Married? : No
- Children / No of Kids : –
- Ethnicity / Origin / Heritage / Race : White
- Nationality : American
Astead Herndon Wikipedia, Bio, Wife, Partner, Age, Married, Education
Nicholas Confessore Bio, Wiki, Age, Parents, Wedding, Wife, Biography
Sopan Deb Wikipedia, Age, Bio, Ethnicity, CBS, NYTimes, Wiki, Arrested
Corinna da Fonseca Wollheim Wikipedia, Biography, Age, Religion, Bio
Jackie Calmes Wikipedia, Age, Husband, Married, LA Times【 Bio 】
Philip Rucker Wikipedia, Bio, Married || Education, Background, Age