Biography Profile & Information
- Alpa Patel is a reporter and presenter who has worked for BBC in their Essex, Wales and London offices.
- Versatile and open-minded, Alpa credits her multicultural background for her passion for telling global stories and reaching out to people all across the globe.
Family Background & Personal Life :
- Alpa was born and raised in Wales and describes herself as part Ugandan, part Indian with a Welsh heart.
- She does not speak much about her personal life but has posted a few pictures of her husband during his visits to her workplace. Judging from the pictures, he seems supportive of her work and is very much welcome on the BBC set.
Education & College :
- Patel attended the University of East Anglia and graduated in 2003 with a Bachelor’s Degree in American and English Literature.
- She was always passionate about journalism and when she traveled to the University of Texas in the USA, she chose to study Journalism. She also added Graphics and Web Designing after being inspired by one of her professors to focus on the technological aspects of journalism.
- Alpa also took a few courses, which combined journalism and technology when she returned to the University of East Anglia.
- In 2005, she attended the University of Wales in Cardiff to further studies in Broadcast Journalism. She attended the university on a bursary plan that was offered to her by the ITV network.
Early Career & Job Background :
- When she was still in university, Alpa worked as a writer for the University of East Anglia’s student newspaper in addition to being a music reviewer for LiveWire.
- She began her journalism career in Cardiff, United Kingdom working as a reporter for the Wales branch of ITV News. Initially, she was tasked with covering stories that other more experienced reporters turned down. She worked hard until she began covering breaking and important news bulletins.
- Alpa transferred to ITV Anglia News in Norwich so she could spend more time with her husband.
Alpa Patel BBC Stint : Salary & Net Worth
- Patel joined the BBC News team in May 2011 working as a producer, reporter, and presenter for the international news channel.
- In 2015, she also joined the network’s magazine called BBC London News as well as their regional news team as an Investigative Reporter.
- Currently, she focuses on covering both international news bulletins and stories happening around London.
- Some of her most memorable stories include the Ebola outbreak in Western Africa and the rise in ISIS powered terrorism in the Middle East.
Interesting Facts, Height & Trivia :
- Patel is a little over 5ft tall which makes her fairly short in height.
- In addition to being a big fan of technology, she enjoys getting to know people and learning more about their passions and dreams.
- As such, she is very active on social media and uses her spare time to reach out to followers. She is also not shy to like and comment on interesting posts that her followers put up on their pages.