Biography Profile / Wiki Information
- Katie Gornall is a sports presenter who works for the BBC network as part of the BBC Sports team.
- Dedicated to her work, Katie has built a solid reputation as a presenter in an industry that is almost always dominated by men. She has worked very hard to become one of BBC’s most respected sports presenters.
Personal Life & Family :
- Katie was born and raised in the United Kingdom but, little is known about her background or personal life as she chooses to keep a low profile and does not share too much outside of her work.
- She has, however, posted a few pictures of her daughter on social media and even includes one where she is watching her mummy on television.
Profession, Salary & Net Worth :
- Currently, Katie works as one of the main Sports Presenters for the BBC News team which she joined in 2012 after the BBC Sports Center relocated to Salford.
- Prior to that, she worked for the news station as part of their Look North team and served as both a sports presenter and sports correspondent.
- As part of the team of presenters for the BBC Network, Katie has also taken fellow presenter, Sally Nugent’s place on BBC Breakfast when she was temporarily away.
- Some of the events that Gornall has covered include the Olympics, Wimbledon Sportsday, the Victoria Derbyshire and the FIFA World Cup among others.
- In 2016, she received the coveted opportunity to interview world-famous track athlete and superstar, Usain Bolt right before his biopic ‘I am Bolt’ was set to be released. She described it as an incredible experience and once in a lifetime opportunity to sit down and talk to one of the greatest athletes and most charismatic people to walk on Earth.
- She acted as the moderator for a panel of sports figures at the Global Convention in 2016 who were discussing the importance of investing in women’s sports teams as well as women’s sports in general. The main focus was women’s football and the growing interest in teams such as the Manchester City Women’s team.
Trivia, Height & Interesting Facts :
- When she is not working, Katie enjoys spending time with her friends and family as well as travelling and just keeping active.
- She is involved with the work of Percy Hedley Foundation which helps people, young and old, who have various disabilities to live their lives as actively as possible.
- She even operates her own fundraising page on behalf of the foundation & has shared her efforts to raise funds for the foundation by taking part in the Great North Run which was 13.1 miles long.
- Katie is pretty active on social media & loves to share sports news as well as a few behind-the-scenes and personal photos of herself with her followers. She also loves to retweet interesting posts and sometimes personally engages with her followers.