Biography Profile / Wiki Information
- Esme Murphy is an American morning news anchor and reporter who hails from New York City but currently lives in Minnesota in the Twin Cities area.
- Smart, hardworking, and committed to her work, Esme has been living and working in the Twin Cities region for over two decades and is a well-respected member of her local community.
Personal Life & Family Background :
- Murphy was born in New York City and spent most of her life living there before moving away for better work opportunities.
- She is married to a businessman named David Klopp. They have two children together.
- David is the owner of a furniture store chain, “Sofas and Chairs,” which is located throughout the Twin Cities area. Esme sometimes helps her husband out with furniture delivery when she is not busy with her own job.
- The couple first met in Minnesota when David was a guest on Esme’s news program. He was part of the Cedar Lake Bicycle Trail charity campaign, and Esme conducted a life-changing interview with him.
Job, Salary & Net Worth :
- A Harvard University graduate, Esme career began at CBS in Chattanooga in Southeastern Tennessee. After a while, she moved around the state then eventually settled in Memphis, where she spent some time working for the ABC network.
- Murphy finally caught her big break in 1990 when she was called up to the Twin Cities region in Minnesota to join the WCCO team.
- Esme began her time at WCCO in December of 1990 and was quickly promoted to morning news anchor and reporter.
- For well over two decades now, she is still a member of the WCCO team as a morning news anchor and reporter.
- She also hosted the station’s radio talk show, which airs on the weekend.
Interests, Height & Trivia :
- Esme loves to travel and considers her home city, New York City, to be her favorite vacation place.
- Her favorite movie of all time is The Sound of Music and her favorite book to read is A Farewell to Arms which was written by Ernest Hemingway.
- She also enjoys eating out whenever she can, and her favorite spot to visit in the Twin Cities area is a place called “Wakame.”
- When she is not busy with her work, Esme loves to spend as much time as possible with her family. She sometimes helps her husband out with furniture delivery for his business and loves attending her children’s hockey events. Hockey also happens to be her favorite sport.
Awards & Recognition :
- Throughout her successful career, Esme has received various accolades such as a ‘First Place Award’ from the Associated Press for her work as an investigative reporter, non-spot news reporter and feature reporter.
- In 2012, Murphy received the honor from the City Pages of the “Best Twin Cities AM Radio Show Host.”