Bio Profile / Wikipedia Information
>Jane Coaston is an American journalist. As of 2020, she is a senior politics reporter at Vox Media and she wrote for MTV.
Personal Life : Family & Education
- Jane Coaston was born on September 23, 1987, in Cincinnati, Ohio, to parents Jody Samuels Coaston, a case manager, and Byron Coaston, a librarian. Her parents have been married since 1979.
- She has an older sister, Susannah Coaston.
- Jane grew up in Cincinnati and went to Nativity School then to an all-girls high school, Ursuline Academy, in Blue Ash, Ohio. She graduated from Ursuline Academy in 2005.
- Jane then went on to study at the University of Michigan in Ann Arbor, Michigan, from 2005 to 2009. She studied History and Political Science with a focus on World War Two and graduated with a Bachelor of Arts degree.
- In 2013, Jane met the woman who would become her wife, Jefcoate O’Donnell, a fellow journalist from New Zealand.
- Jane married Jefcoate O’Donnell on May 2, 2015.
- After growing up in Ohio, Jane lived in St Louis, Missouri, for some time. Currently, she resides in Washington DC with her wife.
Work : Career Income, Salary & Net Worth
- Jane was a staff writer for the St Louis Post-Dispatch from 2009 to 2010.
- She was then an editorial research intern at the Chronicle of Higher Education from 2010 to 2011.
- After that, Jane was a staff editor and writer for Arabella Advisors from 2011 to 2012.
- From 2012 to 2013, she was a media relations coordinator for the Elizabeth Glaser Paediatric AIDS Foundation.
- From 2013 to 2014, Jane was a press secretary for the Environmental Working Group.
- She was a writer for the Human Rights Campaign from 2014 to 2016.
- From 2016 to 2017, Jane was a political writer for MTV Networks and Logo, primarily covering the 2016 presidential election.
- Since November 2017, Jane has been a senior politics reporter for Vox Media.
- Jane primarily writes about politics, as well as matters to do with race such as Black Lives Matter and the effects of white nationalism and the conservative right.
- Jane was a resident fellow at the Institute of Politics of the University of Chicago in the autumn of 2019.
- She grew up Catholic, and though she struggled with being LGBT and faithful as an adult, she has since started attending church again on her own terms. She frequently goes with her wife.
- Jane has a dog called Lamb and frequently dogsits for her friends with her wife Jefcoate.
- Although she now lives away from her hometown, she is still very attached to her roots and she frequently travels back to Cincinnati to spend time with her family.
- Her parents, a black man, and a white woman were married twelve years after the Lovings fought to make proscriptions against interracial marriage unconstitutional.
- Jane received the Best Oral Presentation award for her thesis while at the University of Michigan.