Julie Grauert is best known for her work as the weekday morning news anchor on WFTX Fox 25 in Boston. After 17 years in the broadcasting business, she finally retired in June 2018.
Personal Life, Parents and Family Details :
- Julie was born and raised in Lake Oswego, Oregon (also her hometown). Her full maiden name at birth was Julie Catherine Grauert.
- Her parents’ names are Alexander Walter (father) and Karen Louise Grauert (mother).
- Julie has three siblings, Hans Christian, Christa Leigh, and Alexandra Dean.
- Her grandfather, Hans Grauert, moved from Germany to Rochester, New York, in the United States during World War II.
- Her uncle, also named Hans, was killed in the Vietnam War.
- She now lives and works in Boston, Massachusetts.
Education : Qualifications, High School & College Info
- Julie attended Jesuit High School, a Catholic college preparatory high school in Beaverton, Oregon, from 1997 to 2001.
- After graduating in 2001, she attended Georgetown University in Washington, D.C. where she pursued a Bachelor of Arts in English Language and Literature. She graduated college with the class of 2005.
Career, Job, Salary and Net Worth :
- Initially, Julie had dreams of becoming a Pediatric Oncologist (specialized doctor) as she had worked in a children’s hospital for some time and had loved it. However, she soon realized that the medical field was not suited to her, and she steered towards broadcasting.
- Julie worked at KNBN Newscenter1 in Rapid City, Dakota from February 2006 to July 2007, as a morning and evening anchor, as well as a producer and reporter.
- In August 2007, she moved back to her school town Beaverton, Oregon, and stayed there until January 2008, working as an anchor and reporter for KPTV/KPDX.
- From February 2009 to May 2010, Grauert worked as an anchor on Good Day Oregon at KPTV Fox 12 Portland in Portland, Oregon.
- She then switched roles to become a reporter in order to accommodate another job. She stayed at KPTV Fox 12 Portland in this position until February 2013.
- The second job that Julie was undertaking was back at KPTV/KPDX as an anchor for The 8 O’Clock News from June 2010 to February 2013.
- Julie then gave up both her jobs in March 2013 to move to New York City and work as a General Assignment Reporter for WNYW. This only lasted two months until April 2013.
- She quickly transferred to WPIX-TV in New York City for one year from May 2013 to May 2014. While there, she had several positions such as a General Assignment Reporter, feature reporter, and morning traffic anchor for Pix11 Morning News.
- From October 2014 to December 2014, Grauert worked as a General Assignment and Breaking News Reporter for NY1 News in New York City.
- In January 2015, she started working as the Weekday Morning Traffic Anchor at WFXT Fox 25 in Boston, Massachusetts. Later, in August 2015, Grauert also became the weekday morning news anchor for WXFT. In June 2018, she left WFXT to become a stay-at-home dog mom.
Interesting Facts and Trivia :
- Julie’s favorite movie is Titanic & her favorite city is Paris.
- Currently, she is dating her boyfriend Rob Summers. Julie shared that in the mid-2000s, Rob became a quadriplegic after a hit-and-run driver slid off the road, slammed into him, and broke his neck.
- She enjoys Bikram Yoga and tropical vacations.
- She would want to be a Broadway star if she were not a reporter.
- Grauert’s favorite food is tacos.
- She collects playbills from Broadway shows she attended.
- She took part in the 3rd Annual Bombshells Against Cancer raising money for the Elite Fund. She named her mother, a breast cancer survivor, as her inspiration and motivation to fight for the cause.