Bio Profile / Wiki Information
- Kerith Burke is a sports reporter, journalist and anchor who works for NBC Sports in San Francisco.
- Carrying an unique name, the beautiful & talented Kerith is fast becoming an influential figure in an otherwise male-dominated sports broadcasting industry.
Background : Family, Parents and Early Life
- Kerith was born just outside Seattle, Washington and her family, who were connected to the US Army, spent most of her young life moving from region to region across the country. She quotes that the longest time she spent at one place has been five years!
- Her name is quite peculiar and was chosen by her mom, who loved to read and wanted an Irish sounding name for her daughter. The name ‘Kerith’ was picked from a 1965 novel by James A. Michener.
- In 2018, Kerith tied the knot with a man named David and posted numerous pictures of their honeymoon in Europe on her social media accounts.
- Burke attended Washington State University and graduated with a Bachelor’s Degree in Communications and Broadcasting from the school’s Murrow College of Communication.
- Washington State University is also the alma mater of famous basketball player, Klay Thompson.
Personal Life & Interesting Trivia :
- Many wrongly assume that Kerith is the daughter of Doris Burke, the expert ABC basketball analyst. But she is only Doris’s fan.
- When she is not working, Burke enjoys staying as active as possible and loves to play a bit of basketball.
- She loves watching sports, in particular, college football, basketball and hockey but has said that despite enjoying all three sports, her favorite one is the Washington State Cougars football team.
Job, Salary & Net Worth :
- In the early days of her career, Burke worked as a reporter, editor, anchor and photographer for various local stations’ sports departments in places like North Carolina, Washington and Idaho.
- She has also freelanced for the PAC-12 Network as one of their football and basketball reporters.
- Burke spent a significant amount of time working for SportsNet New York also known as SNY as a reporter and anchor. The SNY network is dedicated to covering events for the University of Connecticut’s women’s and men’s basketball, the New York Jets, Tri-State collegiate and professional teams as well the New York Mets.
- During her time at SNY, Kerith also worked as a sideline reporter, covering games for UConn women’s and men’s basketball, including 4 of their national championship games.
- She also hosted as show called The Geno Auriemma Show, which won an Emmy Award.
- In 2016, she was part of the NBC team that covered the USA women’s basketball win at the Olympic Games in Rio De Janeiro, Brazil.
- In 2017, the Golden State Warriors and the NBC Sports Bay Area team announced the addition of Kerith to their broadcast team. Burke was one of the sideline reporters for the Warriors and was tasked with covering key events across various major NBA programs such as Warriors Central, Warriors Postgame Live and Warriors Pregame Live.
- As of 2018, she still works for both the Warriors team and NBC Sports as a sideline reporter and also presents original programs during the NBA season across different platforms on social media such as Twitter, Snapchat, Instagram and Facebook.
- Burke has quickly grown to become a favorite amongst several NBA fans with many commenting on social media about her fun personality and quality reporting skills.