Kristy Siefkin is a Fox News weather reporter who comes from a background of working with various non-profit organizations. Her hometown is Sacramento, California.
Education & College :
- Kristy initially attended Duke University in Durham, North Carolina. She graduated ‘Summa-Cum-Laude’ from Duke in 2004 with Bachelors in Psychology.
- During her time there, she was pledged to the sorority Phi Beta Kappa & and also to Psi Chi, which was an exclusive honors society.
- After her graduation, she was interested in taking her studies further and applied to the Academy of Art University in San Francisco.
- Not only was she accepted, but she was also given the Frank H. and Eva B. Buck Scholarship. This is a full-ride scholarship presented to students who show excellence in academics, community, involvement, and leadership.
Fun Facts :
- Kristy was named as the Best Weather Personality for several years in local Phoenix publications.
- A bubbly personality from a young age, Kristy used to compete in youth speeches from the age of 8 onwards.
- The PhoenixMag listed her as part of the list titled “Top 40 under 40” and the 2014 list of “Most Eligible Phoenicians”.
- The boy who sat to the right of her in her kindergarten circle, was Kristy’s first crush. She reserved the spot next to him during storytime!
- Hugh Jackman is her celebrity crush!
- “One of the most sweetest and compassionate people I know.” “super quick, fun-loving, and totally down-to-earth.”, were some of the praises showered upon on Kristy, when interviewed for Arizona Foothills Magazine’s 2014 Most Eligible Phoenicians List.
- Her dad celebrated his 70th birthday in June 2019.
- Siefkin counts veteran American journalist Joan Lunden as her hero, as she grew up watching Lunden on Good Morning America, and loved Joan’s intelligence, warmth, and adventurous spirit.
Career, Income, Salary & Net Worth :
- In 2002, Kristy began working as a production intern for Sacramento’s KVIE network while she was still attending Duke University.
- Although she landed job offers from that internship, she made the decision to focus instead on her studying, with the hope that studies would serve her better in the future.
- That paid off when in December 2009, she landed the role of the weather forecaster for KRON 4 News in San Diego. She held onto that job until 2011, where she also made a brief appearance as a reporter for CBS 5 in San Francisco.
- Thereafter, she landed a permanent role as the feature reporter & weather anchor for Fox 10 News in Phoenix. Currently, she still holds that position and has been praised for her delivery of stories, particularly the manner in which she educates her viewers without sounding patronizing.
Non-Profit Work :
- Although her news career has been extensive, Kristy also had a rewarding stint with non-profit organizations. Particularly, she has worked with those that provide help to animals.
- Since 2003, she has been a member of the American Kennel Club (AKC), and she regularly donates her time to arrange their fundraising campaigns.
- She worked for the Guide Dogs for the Blind San Rafael division in California from 2006 to 2009 as their Video Producer and Spokeswoman. Her work with the organization resulted in many fundraising commercials that continue to air on TV. Siefkin has said that this was one of the most rewarding experiences of her life. However, she had to give it up as she did not have adequate time to devote to it.
Kristy Siefkin Measurements :
- Eye Color : Green
- Haircut / Hair Color : Blonde
- How tall is Kristy Siefkin Height : 5′ 4″
- Feet / Legs / Boots / Shoe Size : 6
- Kristy Siefkin Married / Single? : Currently not married.
- Ethnicity / Heritage / Origin / Race : White
- Nationality : American