- Meg McNamara is an American news personality and weather anchor.
- Currently, she is best known for presenting the weather on CBS’s WJZ, Channel 13.
Personal Life & Family Background :
- Born on May 24, 1986, Megan McNamara is originally from Seattle, Washington, but has moved quite a lot across the country.
- She lived in Los Angeles, California, during her university years then headed to the Sunshine State – Florida, for the first part of her career and is currently based in Baltimore, Maryland.
- Meg has two siblings – Conor and Maura. Maura is a gorgeous model.
Early Life, Education & Internships :
- Megan always loved the camera & her very first broadcasts were made with her little brother when she was just four years old. They were live…from their living room!
- She believed her calling was to become a weather anchor as she thought that guiding people on what to expect helped them to better plan ahead their lives and made a small difference in their life.
- McNamara graduated from Loyola Marymount University with a Bachelor of Fine Arts degree (Theatre Arts).
- At the beginning of her career, from 2008 to 2010, Mega worked at the ‘Dr. Phil’ show as a production assistant and talent coordinator.
- Working on the set of ‘Dr. Phil involved real stories about real people. That is where Meg discovered she loved telling real stories & she slowly transitioned to broadcasting.
Job, Salary & Net Worth :
- Meg started working as the main anchor in Lewiston, Idaho, for KLEW-TV. After that, she headed to Wear-TV in Florida, where she broadcasted her first weather forecast.
- Finding her true calling, Meg began putting more effort into this career as a weather anchor and started studying hard for it. On one of her social media accounts, she actually posted a photo of her complicated thermodynamic notes.
- Although she enjoyed the sunny weather in Florida, Meg decided to be adventurous. She loved tracking severe storms along the Gulf Coast, so the next step in her career was moving to Baltimore, Maryland, where she started working for WJZ on Channel 13.
- Since 2017, Meg is working in Baltimore, enjoying & broadcasting reports about the great variety of weather conditions the region has to offer.
Interesting Facts & Trivia :
- Meg once referred to Ray, her colleague from Wear TV, as her work husband, as a joke and posted a picture of them two on Instagram. She has done the same with her co-worker K2.
- A self-proclaimed cat lady and her social media accounts are full of photos and stories with her black cat ‘T’.
- Back in 2014, when it was a popular trend, Meg had accepted the ‘Ice Bucket Challenge’ & her colleagues from Wear TV documented it with photos & video.
- She jokingly calls her dog Bock her ‘true boyfriend.’
Meg McNamara Measurements :
- Eye Color : Greyish blue
- Hair Color : Redhead
- How tall is Meg McNamara Height : 5′ 1″ (verified from an Instagram post)
- Feet / Legs / Shoe Size : No confirmed information available.
- Pregnant ? : Currently, she is not expecting a baby.
- Meg McNamara Weight Loss / How much weight has Meg McNamara lost? : A few Google queries regarding this, but we couldn’t find anything conclusive.
However, in April 2020, Meg had shared on Facebook “Remember how fabulous you are even when your mind tries to tell you otherwise.
I pulled my dress on for work this morning and it fit me tighter than it did the last time. I spent some time beating myself up about it, wondering how much weight I have gained.
Then I remembered I don’t have to do that anymore. I get to treat myself with love and compassion, just the way I would treat a dear friend. I let myself off the hook and moved on with my day. I’m so grateful that I didn’t have to miss out on the joy that my job and coworkers bring me because I was obsessing over my body.”She received supportive comments from her followers telling “Your weight will never Define you” and “Love your authenticity! Thanks for keeping it real!”
- Megan McNamara Married? : No
- Children / No of Kids : –
- Ethnicity / Origin / Heritage / Race : White
- Nationality : American