Bio Profile / Wiki Information
- Pushpendra Kulshreshtha is an Indian political commentator and journalist. He is a firm believer of nationalism and is known for his speeches drawing references from and interpreting the holy scriptures of various religions, and also fighting for the rights of Kashmiri Hindus.
- Kulshreshtha was born in Aligarh, Uttar Pradesh on 2nd December 1960.
Profession, Job, Salary and Net Worth :
- Before he attained popularity as a political commentator, he was the executive editor and India head at AAJ news of Pakistan, headquartered in Karachi. His stint as a journalist included a glorious record of working with some of the leading news providers, such as Sahara News, BBC World and Zee News.
- He has served three times as the Secretary-General of the Press Club of India. In 2009, the Press Club called an extraordinary general meeting to dissolve the contemporaneous management body led by Kulshreshtha, on account of financial irregularities amounting to Rs 1 crore approximately.
- From the knowledge he gained from holy scriptures like Geeta and Quran, he set out on a path to break the shackles that were allegedly hampering the development and progress of Jammu and Kashmir. At the time of framing the Constitution of India, the lawmakers defined Article 370 and Article 35A, which conferred special status to the state of Jammu and Kashmir and enabled the state to have its own Constitution, a state flag and separate laws to govern the state and its citizens. This was a burning issue and a frequently brought-up topic in many debates. Pushpendra Kulshreshtha championed this cause, and along with Sandeep Kulkarni, the President of We the Citizens, he filed a petition in the Supreme Court of India, wherein he questioned the legitimacy of the articles and sought to abolish them from the Indian Constitution.
- Post retirement, when many individuals of the same age as him would confine themselves to their homes or would spend the latter part of their lives in leisure, he started his own channel on YouTube, named Public 24×7.
- He is a controversial speaker on issues like the Indo-Pak Conflict over the integration of Kashmir. According to popular opinion, he is a highly knowledgeable person and an orator par excellence.
- Kulshreshtha’s primary education was based in Minto Circle High School (official name- Syedna Tahir Saifuddin School) at Aligarh. According to some sources, he studied verses from the Quran, the holy book of Islam, till class 5. This aroused in him an interest in delving deeper into the true meaning of the Holy Quran.
- He completed his college education with a degree in Political Science from Aligarh Muslim University, one of the reputed educational institutions, pan-India.
- While he is a known personality owing to his work, not much is known about Pushpendra’s family. It may be concluded that his family life has been under the wraps, being shadowed by his work as a nationalist speaker.