Scarlette Douglas is a British model, dancer, actress and TV presenter. She is best known for her role as presenter & expert on Channel 4’s TV show A Place in the Sun, which helps members of the public purchase homes in sunnier climates.
Personal Life & Family Background :
- Scarlette was born and raised in the Chestnut area of Hertfordshire, in the south of England.
- Her parents Joe & Bev emigrated to the UK from Jamaica and raised Scarlette and her two brothers in a multi-cultural household, never forgetting their Jamaican routes, but following a very English way of life.
- From childhood, Scarlette set her heart on the performing arts, with encouragement from her father Joe. Her father was responsible for establishing the first legal urban radio station in the 1980s. Wicked Neutral & Kicking Radio played urban, soul and reggae tunes for its listeners.
- Scarlette currently lives alone in London, and at the time of writing is not romantically linked to anyone.
Education & Early Life :
- Scarlette attended public schools in London, and gravitated towards performance and sports in school life.
- She played football for Arsenal Football Club’s junior girls team in her early teens, but ended up taking another path, and studied drama, dance and music at Laine Theatre Arts college for three years.
Career, Income, Salary & Net Worth :
- Much of Douglas’ early career was spent focused on modelling, and she also performed various dance roles in film, music videos, theatre and television.
- She fell in love with musical theater, and was given a leading role in the short-lived West End musical I Can’t Sing, based on TV program The X-Factor.
- After winning a presenting competition, Douglas was also given the chance to present MTV’s Louder Lounge and Virgin Media’s coverage at the V-Festival in 2014.
- After developing an interest as a property developer in 2012, ‘A Place in the Sun’ gave Douglas her biggest role to date in 2015. She was chosen as a presenter, after seeing her knowledge of property development & her natural Caribbean flair for presenting.
Body Measurements :
- Height : 5′ 5″
- Ethnicity : Black
- Figure : 32-26-36
Trivia & Interesting Facts :
- The Douglas family hit the news in 2001, when Scarlette’s brother and his friend and professional footballer, Paolo Vernazza, interrupted a burglary at her brother’s home. Her brother was stabbed around 58 times.
- Scarlette has often said publicly that she can vividly remember the fear and horror her family felt. With extensive medical treatment, her brother Andrew survived the attack.