Bio Profile / Wikipedia Information
- Vicki Young is a British presenter, journalist and political correspondent who works for the BBC network in London.
- Classy and headstrong, Vicki has been an inspiration to many women with her passion for journalism and determination to promote journalistic integrity within the news industry.
Personal Life : Family Background & Education
- Vicki was born and raised in the United Kingdom.
- She graduated from Truro High School for Girls in 1988. During her senior year, she was the school’s Head Girl. She them attended Cambridge University where she prepared for a career in reporting and broadcasting.
- Little is known about her parents or childhood as she chooses to keep her personal life as private as possible.
- She is married to a reporter named Rae Stewart whom she met in Westminster. The couple tied the knot in Cornwall but could not immediately start a family due to his diagnosis of test*cular cancer. Rae eventually had surgery to remove the test*cle and they were able to start a family.
- Rae and Vicki currently live in London with their family.
Job, Salary & Net Worth :
- Vicki’s career at BBC started when she joined their One O’clock News show as one of their political correspondents.
- She was also chosen to be a correspondent for the breakfast show, a position she held from 2008 to 2011.
- In 2014, she was promoted to the role of Chief Political Correspondent. She was given the position because Norman Smith was transitioning to become the station’s Assistant Political Editor. As Chief Political Correspondent, Vicki has covered important events that include the special coverage of general elections.
- During the same year that she was promoted, she also served as a fill-in reporter for the Daily Politics show. A year later in 2015, she worked as a reporter, covering the UK General Election.
- Vicki continues to be the BBC’s Chief Political Correspondent and has since covered more than 4 General Elections. She also continues to do a bit of work as a reporter and is sometimes seen on the front desk as a fill-in newsreader.
- Recently, she presented a short BBC documentary on the upcoming nuptials of Prince Harry and Meghan Markel titled, Harry & Meghan: A Royal Engagement.
- Outside of TV, Vicki has also worked as a reporter for Radio 5 and Radio 4 Live. She is also frequently seen out and about doing her reporting work on location either outside the BBC studios or at political rallies.
Interesting Facts, Height & Trivia :
- During a General Election report in Mevagissey, Cornwall, Vicki was “divebombed” by a seagull that was flying around the area. Although she was able to maintain her composure and continue reporting, she was left slightly shocked by the incident.
- She was invited by her former high school, Truro High, to give a motivational speech during their annual prize-giving day. Vicki used her moment as a platform to motivate young girls to accomplish their dreams and aspire to attain the impossible in their lives.
- In August 2019, Vicki had the chance to interview PM Boris Johnson in Biarritz, France, while the G7 summit was going on.