- Ranveer Singh is an Indian Bollywood film actor who predominantly acted in Hindi movies and known for his high energy antics in Public.
- He won a Filmfare award for his first movie in the “Best Male Debut” category for the movie Band Bajaa Baraat.
- He portrayed the role of Bajirao in the Sanjay Leela Bhansali historical romance movie Bajirao Mastani, one of the highest-grossing Bollywood films of all time, for which he garnered critical acclaim and also won the Filmfare Award for Best Actor.
- He is the maternal cousin of actress Sonam Kapoor and producer Rhea Kapoor, daughters of actor Anil Kapoor.
- He had gone for a birthday party, his grandmother asked him to dance and entertain her. Singh remembers that he suddenly jumped in the lawn and started dancing to the song “Chumma Chumma” from the 1991 Bollywood action film, Hum. He felt the thrill of performing and was hooked to acting and dancing.
- After completing his studies and returning to Mumbai in 2007, Singh worked for a few years in advertising as a copywriter, with agencies like O&M and J. Walter Thompson.
- For a short period he also worked as an Assistant director.
- Ranveer was the first person who caught Parineeti Chopra dancing on ‘Sheila ki jawani’ song in front of a mirror. He told to her that you are going to be an actress.
- He committed to star opposite Vaani Kapoor in Aditya Chopra’s romance Befikre.
- Lata confirmed the development with regard to “Pandit Dinanath Mangeshkar” award will be given to Ranveer and says, “Ranveer is a very good actor and seems to be a very positive human being. He spreads happiness wherever he goes. We are happy to give this annual award, named after our father, to Ranveer.”
- Ranveer tweeted saying that “Pushpa, I hate tears..” Just watched ‘Neerja’.Absolutely phenomenal!!! Thank u for this cinematic gem. ”