Biography Information / Wikipedia Profile
Pooja Deol (also known as Lynda Deol) is a popular Indian Writer, more well-known as the wife of Bollywood action star Sunny Deol.
- Pooja is half Indian and half British, her father is Indian and her mother is from the UK.
- Married to her longtime love Sunny Deol, she is a mother to two sons, Karan Deol and Rajvir Deol.
- Sunny’s real name is Ajay Singh Deol and he is often referred to as the “Action King of Bollywood”. Born to parents, Dharmendra and Prakash Kaur, he is also a two-time National Film Awards winner.
- Both the sons are interested in acting like their Father & Grandfather (Dharmendra) and Sunny is planning to launch them. Back in 2015, Sunny had said that he had been looking for a good script that would suit his older son Karan.
- Pooja and Sunny got married in 1984 in the UK and it was one of the most private celebrity marriages in Bollywood.
- At the time of their marriage, Sunny was only 25 years old & had just shot to fame with his debut film Betaab. Later, he went on to star in big hits like Arjun, Damini, Border, Ziddi, Gadar and Ghatak amongst others.
- Pooja has managed to keep most of her personal life private & has never appeared on talk shows & interviews like other Bollywood wives. She is rarely seen in public or even at the red carpet, awards, parties or other celebrity events.
- Lynda likes to live a fiercely guarded private & professional life. As per IMDB, she has been accredited with the story for the film Yamla Pagla Deewana 2, which was released in 2013. Her old son Karan wrote a portion of one of the songs played in the film. This fact cannot be confirmed yet.
Curious Case of Sunny’s Relationships :
- Lynda’s marriage to Sunny has not always been rosy.
- The Hindi film actor has allegedly been a part of numerous affairs with his female colleague actresses.
- Amrita Singh was the first one but things ended quickly when she learned that Sunny Deol was married.
- He was then linked to Dimple Kapadia & things got a little bit more serious than with Amrita. In the 1980s, they starred together in movies like Narasimha, Aag Ka Gola and Arjun. The link-up grabbed a lot of eyeballs because Sunny was married to Pooja & Dimple was married to now-deceased actor Rajesh Khanna.
- In the 1990s, Raveena Tandon was also linked to him, when they were shooting for the movie Ziddi.
- Despite the numerous link-ups, Lynda and Sunny currently remain married for over three decades now.