Wikipedia Biography / Profile Information
- Bobby Zarin was an American businessman and reality television personality from New York.
- Charming and smart, Bobby was beloved by his family and peers and did very well in his business ventures.
Family Background and Personal Life :
- Bobby Zarin was born on February 15, 1946.
- He inherited his entrepreneurial spirit from his father who owned his own company that specialized in home and professional furnishings.
- In January of 2000, Zarin tied the knot with celebrity and reality TV personality, Jill Zarin.
- Jill and Bobby had three children together, 2 sons named David and Jonathan and a daughter named Jennifer Zarin. Bobby also had a step-daughter named Allyson Shapiro from Jill’s previous relationship with Steven Shapiro.
- He was the son in law of Gloria and Sol Kamen and Lisa Wexler’s brother in law.
Cancer Battle :
- Bobby was diagnosed with thyroid cancer in 2009 and immediately began ‘Radioactive Iodine Treatment’ to treat the disease. He was in remission for a while but in 2013, it reemerged more aggressively and eventually, he developed lung cancer as well.
- Despite undergoing intensive treatment, Bobby’s cancer remained quite aggressive and by November of 2016, he was further diagnosed with a brain tumour.
- With the help of world renowned doctors, such as the likes of Dr. David Pfister, Dr. Steven Sherman and Dr. Keith Bible.
- Later, Bobby underwent ‘Gamma Knife Radiosurgery’ in Houston, Texas at the MD Anderson Cancer Center.
- Despite such continuous ongoing treatment and surgery from some of the best doctors in the field, Zarin’s cancer continued to persist with his thyroid cancer eventually transforming into a rare, treatment resistant type known as Anaplastic Thyroid Cancer.
- On July 28, 2017, after battling with illness for almost a decade, Bobby was hospitalized with severe cancer-related complications. He unfortunately lost his battle in early 2018.
Busines Career, Salary & Net Worth :
- Much like his business oriented father, Zarin ventured into the world of entrepreneurship and business at a young age.
- Bobby started his career by joining his father at the family furnishing company called ‘Fabrics and Home Furnishings’. The company built quite an impressive list of high profile clients and was instrumental in the furnishing of famous TV sets for shows such as, ‘Lipstick Jungle’, ‘Gossip Girl’ as well as ‘Sex and the City’.
- Zarin also worked as a real estate businessman and amassed an impressive net worth of a few million dollars.
Trivia, Height and Interesting Facts :
- Besides helping run his family owned furnishing company and making his name in the real estate world, Bobby was also a well-known TV celebrity and reality show personality.
- He appeared alongside his wife, Jill and his family on the hit Bravo-TV series, ‘The Real Housewives of New York City’.
- While on the show, his battle with cancer was revealed to the audience.
- Besides his business & TV, Bobby enjoyed spending as time as possible with his family.