Biography Profile / Wiki Information
- Layla Brooklyn Allman is an American singer, a member of the hard rock music group Picture Me Broken.
Parents, Family Background & Personal Life :
- Layla was born on the 31st March 1993 in Redwood City, California.
- Her parents are Gregg Allman and Shelby Blackburn. Her father was a musician too, known for having founded the band The Allman Brothers Band. Layla has four siblings.
- Her stepmother is the famous singer Cher, who is the mother of Elijah Blue Allman.
- Her whole family has pursued music as a career – her parents, stepmother and siblings.
- In 2017, her father passed away and Layla thanked the fans on Twitter who showed love and support.
- Layla is an atheist.
Music Career, Salary & Net Worth :
- Signed by Megaforce Records, she has been the lead vocalist of Picture Me Broken since 2005. She also plays the keyboards in the band and is the primary songwriter along with the guitarist, Dante Phoenix. From 2011 the band has been under contract with Standby Records.
- Picture Me Broken released an album called Dearest, I’m So Sorry in 2009, which has six original songs along with some music videos. Later, in 2012, they released another album called Mannequins.
- Layla has performed at the Warped Festival and has also won an MTV Video Music Award in 2009. Her band has been highly ranked in several rock music lists across the world.
- They gained recognition after being the opening act for Alice Cooper and Marilyn Manson on their 2013 Masters of Madness tour.
Trivia, Height & Interesting Facts :
- Layla’s band Picture Me Broken were inspired by the bands Paramore and Heart – both with female lead singers – to make their music.
- Back in 2012, Revolver Magazine nominated her as one of the Hottest Chicks in Hard Rock.
- In an interview with Rock Revolt Magazine the singer said that she discovered she loved rock music when she was in 5th Grade. She listed some bands that inspired her, such as Alkaline Trio, but ensured she does not really limit herself to only one style.
- She revealed she never wanted to use her father’s fame to get opportunities for her own career. Allman said that people would have thought she had everything handed to her with no effort, unlike other artists, and that kind of judgment in fact makes the job more difficult.
- During the first years of the band, Layla used to scream on their songs to give them a more aggressive sound. It changed when they released an EP in 2012 and she stopped doing it. She was harshly criticized by her fans, who missed her old way of singing. The vocalist said in an interview that the band was looking for a new style, and hoped the fans would support their decision.
- She tries to connect with her fans as much as possible since she believes having a good relationship with them is what carries an artist through the music business.