Bio Profile / Wikipedia Information
- Yeta Odusanya is a Nigerian British social worker.
- She is also the mother of Anthony Oluwafemi Olusani Joshua, a professional British boxing champion.
Personal Life & Family Background :
- Yeta married Robert, her Nigerian and Irish first husband, with whom she had three children: a daughter and two sons, of which one was boxing legend Anthony Oluwafemi Olusani Joshua.
- She left her home country of Nigeria along with her daughter, her son, and her husband at the time.
- Her third child, Anthony, was born on October 15, 1989, in Watford, England, where the family was living in a particularly rough area of town.
- Yeta and Robert were divorced by 2000, and Yeta decided to take her son back to Nigeria to prevent him from getting into trouble, enrolling him into a rigorously strict boarding school there.
- After one term at the boarding school, Anthony could take no more, and Yeta decided the best thing to do for her son was to return to England.
- Yeta enrolled her son Anthony at the Kings Langley School in Hertfordshire, England, where he excelled at sports, particularly football and running.
- When Anthony was sixteen, he got into an altercation with a rival on the football field and received a formal warning from the police.
- Yeta was very worried about her son, especially when she decided to relocate to Golders Green in North London, and Anthony opted to remain on the estate in Watford.
- When Anthony was seventeen, he spent two weeks in Reading jail, after which he realises he had to steer his life away from its current path and moved back in with Yeta, who was waiting for him in London.
- Yeta continues to reside in the same ex-council estate two-bedroom flat in Golders Green, London, and Anthony still spends most of his time there too after buying it in her name in 2013. Yeta frequently takes care of Anthony’s young son, Joseph Bayley Temiloluwa Prince Joshua, the product of Anthony’s former relationship with Nicole Osbourne.
Career, Income, Salary & Net Worth :
- Yeta has made a career as a social worker, which she continues to do despite her son’s success.
Trivia, Height & Interesting Facts :
- Yeta has only attended two of Anthony’s boxing matches because they make her far too nervous and she finds it very difficult to go through them.
- Anthony gained a huge amount of prize money following his defeat of Wladimir Klitschko, but Yeta and him continue to live modestly in the small North London flat.
- Yeta frequently cooks egusi soup, a traditional Nigerian dish which is her son Anthony’s favourite meal. The soup is usually served with pounded yam.
- Yeta was told by one of her son’s first boxing coaches that he would become a boxing champion, but she did not give any credit to it until much later in Anthony’s unstoppable and ground-breaking career.