Anaheed Alani is a famous American writer and editor and the ex-wife of Ira Glass, an American public radio personality. Little is known about her past life before she met Ira.
Married Life & Family Background :
- In August 2005, Anaheed married Ira Jeffrey Glass, a radio host and also the producer of the TV show, ‘This American Life.’
- Ira and Anaheed first met in Chicago in 1997, where they dated and married before moving to New York in 2007.
- Despite the huge cultural and religious difference between them – Glass is Jewish while Alani’s mum and dad were Christian and Muslim respectively, their marriage was not affected by this, and Glass once joked that they had the entire Middle East crisis in their house.
- Before the breakup, they were an enviable couple and not just because of their wealth. On many occasions, Glass described how he thought about his wife and how he always reviewed her works. He regularly visited the site operated by Anaheed and once said that it had reshaped his preference and taste of music. Although he didn’t read many books, he read her book to see what she was up to.
Divorce & Separation :
- It was not until March 2017 that the news of their pending divorce came out after Glass revealed that they had broken up unofficially a few years before.
- The fact that they both had hectic lives was cited as a reason, as Glass claimed that they rarely had time for each other and that it affected their relationship significantly.
- In Ira’s words during an interview in May 2016 after being asked how they could balance their relationship with their busy lives, he said, “The honest answer to your question is that I think Anaheed and I could do this whole thing better and that we’re a terrible role model for anyone. We muddle our way through, for sure. And we’ve been together for twenty years — but it’s hard on us. I feel like I know other people who manage it way, way better.”
- In April 2017, Glass officially filed for divorce. Although they had been together for twenty years, they had no children.
Job, Salary & Net Worth :
- Anaheed is known mostly publicly known for her relationship with her ex-husband, Ira Glass.
- She had several writing jobs over the years, working as a fact-checker for The New York Times Magazine and an editor at the Chicago Reader.
- In 2013, she was the editorial director and story editor at Rookie Magazine, a monthly themed site for teenage girls.
Fun Facts, Height & Trivia :
- In 2016, Ira and Anaheed’s one-bedroom, one-bathroom condo at 159 West 24th Street was claimed to be infested with bedbugs. The condo board filed a complaint, and the court documents claimed that “unsanitary conditions” such as “a broken/ defective air condition unit, kitchen sink, dishwasher, and washing machine” caused an outbreak of rodents within the abode. The apartment was later sold for $1.65 million after renovations & using exterminations to deal with the bedbug problem.
- Glass once acted as the main character in the popular video game, Grand Theft Auto: Vice City.