Introduction : Who is Darren Le Gallo ?
Darren Le Gallo is a famed artist, who is also known for his relationship with actress Amy Adams.
Early Life & Family :
- Darren was born on 21st July 1974 in Landstuhl, Germany.
- Parents : It has been reported that his mother was German, and Landstuhl was her hometown, however, his father was a French man who travelled a lot.
- The family moved to America in his teenage years, reportedly to give him more access to his chosen career field, which was arts and entertainment.
Education & Early Career :
- He went on to attend the Abilene Christian University, in Abilene Texas. He graduated from there in 1996 with a Bachelor of Arts, and a major in painting.
- He then moved to LA and began taking acting classes.
- After appearing in numerous stage productions, he appeared in the following movies: Date Night (2010) ; Trouble With The Curve (2012) & Lullaby (2014)
- Le Gallo has said that he enjoys acting, but due to his limited success with it, he does not consider it a career.
Amy Adams and Darren le Gallo Relationship :
- During his acting classes in LA, he met Amy Adams who would become his future wife.
- They met in 1999, but were both dating other people at the time. They officially began dating in 2000, after realising they both needed to break up with their other partners.
- He proposed to her in 2008, to which she said yes, however, they have both said that her career got in the way of them planning a wedding.
- Their daughter, Aviana Olea Le Gallo was born in 2010, and he has become a stay at home parent to her after having built an art studio into their Hollywood home.
- He has said that he nearly convinced Adams to marry him in Las Vegas in 2014, however, they were both too drunk to go through with it.
- They eventually married in May of 2015 at a friend’s house in Santa Monica.
Darren Le Gelo Art Work :
- Well known in the art community, Darren has said that painting is his true calling in life.
- His worked is described as somewhere between surrealism & expressionism.
- He has said that his work tends to centre on the exploration of the subconscious mind, while also considering the mysteries of dreams and the human psyche.
- While he has worked with numerous reputable galleries throughout his career, some of the most noted include: New York City’s Bald Hope Gallery; Santa Monica’s Bergamont Station; Los Angeles’ Ghetto Glass Gallery & Seattle’s LTD. Art Gallery.
- His most noted exhibition was in 2013, where he presented a series titled “Nothing You Don’t Know” at the Trigg Ison Fine Art Gallery.
- The exhibitions opening were hosted by Amy Adams and his good friend Justin Timberlake, and received critical success.
- One of the pieces in the series was titled “Pusher Love Girl,” and was named after a song on Timberlake’s album ‘20/20 Experience.’