Biography Profile / Wikipedia Background
Gabrielle Holmes is the ex-wife of Eamonn Holmes, who is the longest-serving breakfast TV host in Britain.
Personal Life & Relationships :
- Gabrielle met Eamonn during the summer of 1976 and they fell in love and later tied the knot soon.
- The couple had three children together that is, Rebecca, Declan and Naill.
- Though the two have been separated, Eamonn still ensures that he gets to see his kids and be actively involved in their day-to-day life.
- The couple got separated two decades later, in 1995, but it was not until 2005 when they officially divorced.
- After the divorce, Eamonn got married to his new love and fellow TV presenter, Ruth Langsford, & they have been married for more than five years. The pair is usually regarded to as TV’s golden couple. Ruth & Eamonn also have been blessed to have a son of their own Jack Eamonn.
The Seperation : Eamonn’s Version
- Gabrielle and Eamonn’s relationship hit a rough patch when Eamonn’s father passed away in 1991.
- It was during this time that he felt an emotional distance developing between his wife and him. He notes in his book, This Is My Life, that his wife Gabrielle was becoming more indifferent and he did not understand why.
- It was during this time that he needed her most, but Gabrielle seemed to be occupied with her own issues.
- The saying that absence makes the heart grow fonder did not apply to Gabrielle and Eamonn. At this time, Eamonn had a job that saw him being away from home most of the time & this resulted to Gabrielle pushing him away the most and making a life for her and her children.
- The death of their relationship caused Eamonn to have shattered his faith in love, since Gabrielle Holmes was his childhood sweetheart. But what shook him the most besides this was the fragmentation of his family.
- Eamonn used to firmly believe in marriage and family. He even sought professional advice to try and salvage his marriage but that too did not do any good and finally, after nine years he let go and officially got divorced.
- Although the couple is divorced now, they continue to have a good relationship with each other as they raise their children.
- Gabrielle lives in Belfast with her kids while Ruth Langsford & Eamonn live in Surrey with their son Jack. The two families lived amicably with each other & even holiday together or go to the movies. This makes Eamonn happy, since all his children are happy.