Introduction : Who is Helene Mercier Arnault?
Hélène Mercier Arnault is a French-Canadian critically acclaimed concert pianist who resides in Paris with her family. She is also the wife of French businessman & billionaire Bernard Arnault.
Early Life, Family & Personal Details :
- Hélène Mercier Arnault was born in Quebec, Montreal in 1960.
- Family : She was the baby of her family and has three older siblings, as such she was said to be quite spoilt by her family.
- A musical ability was noticed in her from a young age, and she began her first official lessons at age 6 at the School of Vincent d’Indy.
- Education : At the age of 16, she entered into the Vienna Academy of Music, into the class of Dieter Weber to study.
- From there she went into the Julliard School of Music in New York City.
- Numerous past teachers have come forward and said that from a young age she has shown true talent for music.
Husband, Marriage & Children :
- On 23rd September 1991, she married billionaire French Businessman Bernard Arnault after a whirlwind courtship. There is a 11 year age gap between the two
- Together, the couple have three children who are fully grown-up now : Alexander Arnault ; Frederik Arnault & John Arnault
- Their three boys are all said to be exceptional musicians, taking after their mother.
- Bernard also has 2 older children from his previous marriage – A son Antoine Arnault and a daughter Delphine Arnault. Both children play integral parts sitting on the family board of trustees.
Hélène Arnault Net Worth & Fortune : Family Business
- Bernard Arnault is the chairman and chief executive officer of the luxury group LVMH, which stands for Louis Vuitton Moet Hennessy.
- He also controls the family assets & trust for the Arnault family. Records have the family’s current value at $40+ billion, which is thought to make them the 11th richest family in the world and the 1st in France.
Creating Her Career as Musician & Pianist :
- Helene is considered to currently be one the greatest concert pianists in the world.
- She regularly performs as a soloist and chamber musician across the world.
- She lists her favourite cities to perform in as Vienna (Austria), Sydney (Australia), Lucerne (Switzerland) and her adopted hometown of Paris (France).
- She often performs in recitals with acclaimed cellist Mstislav Rostropovich in Copenhagen and Paris.
- When performing in Japan, she plays under the direction of Seiji Ozawa with the New Japan Philharmonic.
- Working as a duet with artist Louis Lortie, she has recorded 5 sets at Chandos contain work from Ravel, Schubert, Mozart, Poulenc, Rachmaninov, and Saint Saens.