Lorraine Kirke is a famous interior designer and the owner of a vintage clothing boutique in New York.
Family, Early Life & Education :
- Lorraine was born in Britain.
- Her father was the British property investor Jack Dellal. Her brother Gaby Della is a film director.
Daughters & Family Details :
- Lorraine was married to Simon Kirke, the British drummer of “Bad Company.” They got divorced in 2016.
- She was nine months pregnant when she got married, so she wasn’t able to make her own dress.
- Simon and Lorraine have three daughters (Lola, Jemima, and Domino Kirke) and a son (Simon Kirke Jr).
- Lorraine is also a grandmother as her daughter Jemima has two children, Raphaella and Memphis.
- Lola & Jemima are actresses, while Domino owns a music company.
- Lorraine also has famous nieces and nephews who are models, shoe designers, and gallerists.
Interesting Facts :
- When Lorraine lived in London, she used to make her own clothes in the house’s backroom because she didn’t like the clothes sold at stores.
- She considers herself a bit eccentric because she loves to do dresses from a combination of other dresses and dye them.
- She loves visiting small stores and buying clothes so she can then change them. She also used to go to flea markets & buying vintage fabrics because she believes in recycling.
- Lorraine didn’t ever love acting, she considers it that it is not made for her.
- She used to have a tattoo on her wrist that said “Si” in honor to her ex-husband Simon, but since they got divorced, she changed it to “Silence.”
- When she was still married, Lorraine sold her 11-bedroom East Hampton mansion for more than 7 million dollars. The mansion had a recording studio.
Professional Career : Work, Salary & Net Worth
- In 2004, shortly after she moved to New York, Lorraine opened her West Village clothing store called Geminola.
- Her daughters use her designs, especially the one that appears in the TV series “Girls” (Jemima). Some of her daughters worked in the store for a while.
- The store has famous clients such as Salma Hayek, Nicole Kidman, and Sarah Jessica Parker.
- In 2016, she published her book Would You Like to See the House?: Unapologetic Interiors by Lorraine Kirke.
Social Media Presence :
- Lorraine only has a Facebook page but the page is private. She does have an Instagram page for her store Geminola with, 20,000+ followers.