Biography Wiki / Profile Background
- Rebecca Soteros, a middle-aged woman with a round face and shoulder-length brown hair, is a former schoolteacher now raising her daughter.
- She is the ex-girlfriend of the late actor Paul Walker, who was popularized for the Fast & Furious movies.
- Rebecca is also the mother of Walker’s only child, Meadow Rain Walker, who is now under her
Personal Life & Relationship with Paul Walker :
- Rebecca grew up in a small family in the United States. She met Walker in California while he was just beginning to grow famous with his acting career.
- The two began dating in the early months of 1998. For Walker, it was a bit more casual, but for Rebecca, she felt as if she had met her other half.
- In March of that same year, Soteros accidentally fell pregnant and urged Walker to marry her.
- Walker, who was 25 at the time and felt that he was not ready to be married, refused. Still, he wanted to be a part of his daughter’s life and urged Soteros to stay in California when she had the baby.
- Rebecca gave birth to their daughter, Meadow Walker, on November 4, 1998, and continued to date Walker for a few months afterward. Eventually, however, she decided she didn’t want to stay unless Walker could give her a commitment. He did not, and she took their daughter and moved to Hawaii.
- Rebecca raised Meadow until she was about 12 years old.
Education & Career :
- While Rebecca has not revealed the exact school she graduated from, she did study to become a teacher.
- She currently holds a Bachelor’s degree in secondary education.
- She began teaching right when she graduated college.
- She had always loved children, and worked well with them as a teacher.
Custody Battles with Paul :
- At age 12, Meadow contacted her father, whom she had continuous, if not sporadic, contact with throughout her life, and asked if she could move in with him in California.
- The exact reason for this move is unknown, but some believe it was because Rebecca was battling alcoholism, and Meadow did not want to be around her. Others state that it was simply because she wished to foster a better relationship with her father.
- Meadow left Soteros and lived with her father until his death in a car accident on November 30, 2013.
- After his death, Rebecca fought Walker’s mother Cheryl Ann, whom Walker named in his will as Meadow’s intended guardian, for custody of Meadow. Because of two DUIs she had gotten years prior, Cheryl Ann argued that Soteros was unfit to parent Meadow.
- Eventually, Cheryl Ann agreed to stop the custody battle on the condition that Soteros move to California to raise Meadow and that she complete a full rehabilitation program for alcohol. Rebecca agreed.
- She continues to live in California with Meadow, now 18, and is helping her run various charities through Walker’s name.