Mashoom Singha is an Indian swimsuit model and wine entrepreneur. She is also well-known as the wife of Australian Cricketer Shaun Tait.
Early & Personal Life, Family & Education :
- Mashoom was born in Bombay, India.
- Family : Her father is a pilot and her mother is a high school teacher. Her sister is Shamita Singha, who is also an Indian model and in 2001 & was “Femina Miss Earth India”.
- She went to a school and college in Bandra, Mumbai
- Later, she successfully completed an IT engineer course.
Relationships, Dating & Marriage :
- Mashoom is married to Shaun Tait, a professional Australian cricketer. They got engaged in 2013 and got married in 2014 in Mumbai.
- They had a traditional Indian wedding. On 19th March 2017, he announced on Twitter that he had become an overseas citizen of India.
- They started dating while Shaun was playing the Indian Premier League (IPL) with the team Rajasthan Royals in 2010 & she was doing a fashion show at an after-party. He proposed to her in Paris in 2013.
- Living in India, they travel frequently to Australia.
Professional Career on TV:
- From 2010 to 2011, Mashoom hosted the TV series “The Torque Show”. It was a talk show about celebrities and their automobiles, luxuries and lifestyle.
- A popular model, she has made commercials for important brands such as “Motorola”, “Reliance”, “L’Oreal” and “Flying Machine Jeans” among others.
Jobs Outside TV:
- In 2006 she appeared in “Kingfisher calendar” (a calendar published by the United Breweries Group of India).
- As a model, she has worked for renowned designers like Tarun Tahiliani, Manish Malhotra and Rohit Bal. She has also done shows for Swarvoski and Moschino.
- In 2013, Mashroom and Shaun bought “Hotel Elliot” on Fleurieu Peninsula.
- She and her sister Shamita Singha launched their own event management company called “Onesoul Lifestyle Promotions”. – A company made to arrange wine appreciation talks, wine tasting sittings, brand education programs & corporate grooming seminars. Surprisingly, Mashoom´s wedding was planned by her company.
Interesting Facts :
- As a young child, she wanted to be a lawyer, architect or engineer. She was quite serious about her studies. She got interested in a fashion only when her sister convinced her to do a portfolio.
- When not working, she loves to work out or be with her friends and family. She is an avid rock-climber.
- She is a vegetarian & loves coffee. With regards to music, she likes Jack Johnson, John Mayer and Train.
- Mashoom is a private person & not very active on Social Media. She just has an Instagram page but it’s private. Only select few get to see her posts. On the other hand, Shaun Tait has a Twitter page & sometimes he posts pictures of Mashoom.