Biodata Profile / Wikipedia Information
Vijeta Pendharkar Dravid is the wife of famous former Indian cricketer, The Wall i.e. Rahul Dravid. She is a Medical Surgeon by profession.
- Vijeta was born in the year 1976. She spent her early childhood at various places in the country as her father was a Wing Commander in the Indian Air Force.
- Her parents – Her father retired after she passed her Class X examination from Bal Bharati School in Delhi. Her family then settled down in Nagpur.
- She continued her education at Shri Shivaji Science College, Nagpur. After that, she got into the Government Medical College Nagpur. After her graduation, she went on to earn her Masters’ degree in Surgery from the same institution in November 2002.
Career & Social Life :
- Rahul Dravid and Vijeta met first in their childhood. Vijeta’s father was posted in Bangalore from 1968 to 1971, and it is during this period that he met Dravid’s father, and the two families soon grew close.
- Their family friendship grew over a period of time, and Rahul started growing a liking towards Vijeta. Both their parents easily accepted their relationship as both of them were Maharashtrians and the family has close ties. The marriage was an arranged-cum-love marriage.
- On May 4, 2003, they both got married. The couple has two sons – Samit Dravid, born in 2005 and Anvay Dravid, born in 2009.
- Vijeta has been a constant source of support for Rahul through all the ups and downs in his career. In March 2012, Dravid announced his retirement from international and first-class cricket after a long and glorious career.