Biography Profile / Wiki Information
- Maria Del Russo is an American writer, who mainly focuses on the topics of fashion, beauty, sex and wellness. Her writing has been published on popular digital platforms, such as Insider and Refinery29.
Family Background & Early Life :
- Del Russo was born on 1st March 1990.
- Even as a child, she was passionate about writing and often wrote short stories. One of them was so powerfully touching that it made her mother cry!
- Currently, she lives in the upper east side of Manhattan.
Education, Salary & Net Worth :
- Maria graduated from the prestigious Manhattan College in 2012 with a Communication Major and an English minor.
- She has written for several media platforms like The Cut”, “The Lily”, “Glamour”, “Business Insider”, “Redbook Magazine”, “Racked and more.
- Del Russo has been part of the beauty team of the online platform “Refinery29” for some years now. She was one of their editors and then was promoted to a features writing position.
- She also her own website, where she publishes a few articles and interviews.
- Maria’s development as a writer and qualities as an employee have been praised by many other professionals that know her and have worked with her. A strong work ethic has given her success and she strives to constantly motivate and support her readers through her writing.
- Maria’s job does require owning lots of makeup products! She even did a lot of “30 day Challenges” to see the effects of the various products on her skin.
- An active user of social media, Maria has over 11,000 followers on Instagram (as of 2018).
Personal Life & Interesting Trivia :
- When she is not writing articles, Maria enjoys taking care of her indoor plants and drinking a glass of red wine while watching her favourite TV series.
- She is also a runner and considers herself “a self-proclaimed” Francophile.
- Her studio apartment, which is only 300 square feet, was once profiled by “Domino”. In an interview, the young writer revealed how she found the apartment on Craiglist. She mentioned “the houses uptown were just as beautiful as the ones downtown and much cheaper”. Maria admitted that though never saw herself living in a small neighbourhood, she now ikes it, especially because a part of her family lives nearby.
- Living in a small space Maria decided to go minimalist and not buy too many things. She does not own a lot of furniture pieces & often when she recieves products to review for an article, she ends up gifting or donating those she has not tried.
- A few times in the past, Maria has not been taken seriously. In an interview given to Lotus Magazine, she mentioned that sometimes she was not considered a real writer because her main focus was fashion “and not politics”. However, Maria feels that women are not one-dimensional beings and “can be interested in Botox and Donald Trump’s possible ties to Russia at the same time”.
- She got her first job as an intern for the “Women’s Health Magazine” three months before graduating. In the fashion publishing industry this was a rare opportunity and Del Russo attributes this to her hard work and strong networking skills.