Biography / Biodata Profile / Wikipedia Information
Kenneth Sebastian, or just Kenny Sebastian, is a famous Indian stand-up comedian, musician, and filmmaker. His official website’s description correctly says, “Kenneth is well on his way to change the face of comedy in India”.
Personal Life, Parents and Family Details :
- Kenny was born on December 31, 1990, in a Malayali family. He was brought up in different parts of India as his parents – Father was navy personnel. After his dad’s retirement, his family settled in Bangalore.
- During his school days, he got interested in film-making. After completing his schooling, for further education, he got a Bachelor’s degree in Visual Arts.
Early Career :
- Kenny Sebastian started making films when he was 15. He didn’t own a camera at that time, so he borrowed one from his friend and kept shooting. By the age of only 23, Kenny had already directed 12 short films and 2 feature films.
- Kenny started his YouTube channel ‘Kenny Sebastian’ on April 14, 2008, with his first video called “9 hours to live”. He first made parodies and covered popular songs, and slowly gained followers. As of 2021, his channel has over 2 Million followers and 200 million+ views.
- He did his first stage show when he was just 19. He had participated in a stand-up comedy competition at the IIT fest in Mumbai and eventually won it. That’s when he realized what he was going to do in his life.
Career Growth :
- Since the beginning of his career, Kenneth has never looked back. He has done over 500 shows and performed along with many famous comedians such as Vir Das, Phil Nichol (UK), Raj Sharma (US, HBO), Imran Yusuf (UK), Tanmay Bhat of AIB and many more.
- He also performs at ‘The Canvas Laugh Club’ and ‘The Comedy Store.’ He is also associated with ‘The Polished Bottoms,’ which is a Bangalore-based comedy group. He also is a part of ‘The Improvisers,’ which is a group of 4 comedians (Kanan Gill, Kenny Sebastian, Kaneez Surka, Abish Matthew).
- This is one of the highest-rated comedy groups in India. In 2016, they crossed international borders and started performing in other nations as well. Kenny has also toured with the famous American stand-up comedian Scott Capurro.
- In 2014, he wrote and directed a season of ‘The Living Room’, India’s first sketch comedy television show. Kenny now has his own production studio called ‘SuperHuman Studioz,’ where produces the content for his YouTube channel.
- He also started a monthly live video blog called ‘Chai Time with Kenny.’ It is an interactive programme in which he casually chats with people over tea, with simple topics of discussion. On the show, he also delivers humorous observations about routine events.
- Kenny has travelled across the USA, Singapore, Abu Dhabi, Dubai, and of course India.
Recent Projects :
- In 2017, Kenny worked on the second season of his series Star Boyz & the next session of Chai Time with Kenny. In January 2017, he started a cross-country and global tour with his new show — ’Don’t Be That Guy’.
- His height is around 5 feet 9 inches.