Biography Profile / Wikipedia Information
- Dr. Henry Cloud is a best-selling Christian author, psychologist and leadership expert.
- He focuses his work on forming successful business leaders and building strong personal relationships.
- Dr. Cloud is a self-proclaimed “Boundaries” coach, where he helps people set boundaries to enjoy a better life.
Personal Life & Family Background :
- Dr. Cloud is married to Tori Cloud, an author. They have two daughters, Lucy and Olivia.
- The Cloud family lives in Los Angeles, California.
Early Life and Education :
- Cloud was born in Vicksburg, Mississippi.
- He earned his Bachelor in Psychology from Southern Methodist University, a small private university in Dallas, Texas.
- He received his Ph.D. in Clinical Psychology from Biola University, a private evangelical Christian university, located in La Mirada, California.
- At Biola, he also attended seminary classes at Talbot Theological Seminary.
- He did his clinical internship at the Los Angeles County Department of Mental Health.
Church Work, Books & Net Worth :
- Dr. Cloud has written and co-written several books with his colleague and business partner, Dr. John Townsend. Few of their titles are named “Boundaries,” “Integrity,” and “Necessary Endings.”
- His first book sold over 2 million copies and went on to start a five-part series.
- His Boundary book series touch on setting healthy boundaries in marriages, parenting and business.
- He co-founded Minirth-Meier Clinic West, where he served as co-director for ten years.
- He is the President of Cloud-Townsend Resources, and co-hosts the radio show New Life Live!
- Cloud works with many Fortune 500 companies as a leadership and business consultant.
- He has a website called Boundaries.me. It is a monthly subscription website that provides people with resources they may need to set healthy boundaries in their lives.
Books & Other Fun Facts :
- Dr. Cloud’s books have sold over a total of 10 million copies.
- His wife Tori is also an author and has penned a book for children based on her husband’s book “Boundaries.”
- Success Magazine named him as one of the most influential leaders of 2014.
- As a speaker, he has been on panels with the likes of former British Prime Minister Tony Blair and South African cleric Desmond Tutu, to name a few.
- His books have been described as “Must read” and “important.”
- He won the Gold Medallion Award for his book “Boundaries.”
- His daughter Lucy is a singer and often records covers online.
- His philanthropy work focuses on the problem of homelessness and issues in developing countries.
- He serves on the board of the Los Angeles Mission as the treasurer.