Biography Profile / Wikipedia Information
- Adalia Rose, a young girl with Hutchinson, Gilford progeria syndrome, commonly known as Progeria, a genetic disease that causes rapid aging and other problems such as dwarfism and hair loss, who has become famous on YouTube.
- Due to her appearance and medical condition Adalia has been a controversial figure, with large amounts of harassment being directed at the young lady.
Personal Life & Family Background :
- Adalia was born to then single mother, Natalia Amozurrutia, in Round Rock Texas in 2006.
- She has three brothers Emiliano, Marcelo and Niko.
- Her biological father is not in her life, with her stepfather, Ryan Pallante, taking that role.
Early Life & Education :
- Adalia’s diagnosis of Progeria came when she was three months old when her mother noticed she was not growing at a normal rate.
- Due to her condition, she doesn’t attend a school like most children her age.
Social Media, Criticism & Net Worth :
- Adalia came to notice on YouTube and Facebook when her mother, Natalia, began sharing videos and posts about her then 6-year-old daughter, with videos of Adalia dancing being extremely popular.
- Since then the mom-daughter have continued to share parts of Adalia’s life online and has accumulated hundreds of millions of YouTube views, over 13 million Facebook likes and followers and 375,000+ Twitter followers.
- Part of the reason Natalia started the Facebook page for Adalia was being able to control interactions more, as it was not uncommon for people to make unkind remarks about Adalia’s appearance when she would venture outside.
- However as she gained more popularity, Adalia’s social network pages have encountered large amounts of harassment, death threats and other negative attention. There has been a mix of both positive and negative reception.
- There have been death threats and harassment of Adalia and her family, including Facebook groups and other organized efforts. However, there has also been a significant amount of positive reception and support for Adalia and her family online.
Fun Facts, Height & Trivia :
- An extremely rare disease, Progeria affects as few as 500 people around the world.
- Unfortunately, Progeria sufferers have a short lifespan, but the oldest progeria sufferer managed to get to age 29 and was named Meg Casey. Another person who lived long with Progeria was South African artist and DJ Leon Botha, who died at age 26.
- Adalia has appeared in several videos, the proceeds of which go to progeria research.
- There is was a petition to shut down her Facebook page, it had 11 signatures before being closed.
- One of the major critics of Adalia’s online presence, Carl Sherburne, have said that her mother is treating her daughter as if she was a freak show.
- Though rendered bald by her condition, Adalia often reassures herself with her wig collection, including one made from her mother’s hair.