Ben Pasternak is an Australian Teenage entrepreneur who sprang to fame after creating his first app in his high school science class.
Early Life, Family & Personal Details :
- Ben was born on 6 September 1999 in Sydney, NSW.
- Ben Pasternak Parents : His father Mark Pasternak works as a real estate entrepreneur, while his mother Anna Pasternak is a stay at home mother.
- He has 2 younger siblings, a brother named Jake Pasternak and a sister named Maya Pasternak.
- Until the age of 15, he attended school at The Reddham House in Bondi, Australia.
- Needing to be based in New York for work commitments, he started living in a studio apartment that was co-signed by his parents due to his age.
Ben Pasternak Net Worth & Interesting Facts :
- Net Worth : By the age of 2017, he was worth $2+ million. However, his money usage was heavily restricted by his parents and business managers so as to not let the young teenager waste it.
- He has said that living alone at such a young age has taught him to be independent, however he is yet to conquer the skill of cooking and relies on frozen pizzas for sustenance.
- In order for him to maintain some of his teenage life, he regularly visits family friends in Tenafly (New Jersey) who have teenagers the same age as him.
- He was rumored to be dating a similarly aged teenager named Gaia, although he has regularly declined to comment on that relationship.
Ben Pasternak App & Career Growth :
- Ben famously dropped out of high school at the age of 15 to focus on his tech career.
- He has created & sold two apps, Impossible Rush and Impossible Dial.
- Impossible Rush, his first creation, was created in his high school science class out of boredom. The game was designed to test user’s reflexes and was made available as a free downloadable app, while he was still attending high school.
- It was due to the success of creating that first app that he received funding to create a follow-up app.
- He went on to create ‘Flogg’, a social media based buy & sell networking app specifically designed for youth.
Achievements, Daily Life & Appearances :
- He has been recognized as the youngest person ever to receive venture capital in technology (he was 15 at the time).
- In 2016, he was named one of the TIME magazines most influential teens.
- At Hack Generation Y Silicon Valley conferences, he is often pictured alongside the Apple CEO Tim Cook, who Pasternak lists as one of his idols in the tech world.
- As of 2017, he is living in New York and running his own company. He manages a team of 7 people, who he describes as being young and likeminded, with his oldest employee being his COO who sits at 30 years of age