Biography Profile / Wikipedia Information
- Bettina Warburg is an American researcher, producer, and business owner. An expert on blockchain technology, she is one of the most sought after speakers in the field.
Parents, Family Background & Education :
- Bettina Warburg was born in the mid-1980s. Quite private about her personal life, there is little information on her with regards to her family.
- There is a mystery around whether or not Bettina is married – she does not wear a ring at any public appearances.
- In a newspaper article from 2004, Bettina is listed as a graduate from Concord Carlisle High School in Massachusetts.
- At GU, Bettina earned a Bachelor of Science in Foreign Service in 2008 — majoring in culture and politics, and human rights.
- In her junior year, she was credited as an assistant researcher for a report put out by the Human Rights Watch, titled Discounting Rights: Wal-Mart’s Violation of U.S. Workers’ Right to Freedom of Association.
- In 2010, Bettina earned her Master of Science in global governance and diplomacy from the University of Oxford. In the same year, she authored the chapter — Germany’s National Identity, Collective Memory and its Role Abroad — for the textbook, Power and the Past: Collective Memory and International Relations. The book was published at her alma mater’s Georgetown University Press.
Work as a Medical Educator & Reporter :
- While at Georgetown, Bettina worked at NPR worldwide as a production assistant, responsible for customizing the Berlin radio station.
- Between degrees in 2008, she moved to Germany & worked as a researcher at the Jewish Museum Berlin; as a production associate for The Berlin Stories radio show; and as a radio consultant and assistant editor for The Berlin Journal radio show and magazine.
- In 2010, Bettina started a year and a half internship with the Assistant Director-General for the World Health Organization, Brussels.
- Back in the U.S. by 2012, she began working at the Institute for the Future — a not-for-profit think thank in California. Leaving her mark, she is credited with developing the company’s philanthropic endeavors, specifically concerning the environment and human responsibility.
- Since 2015, Warburg has served as the executive producer of the Tech on Politics podcast, and as the co-founder and managing partner at Animal Ventures — a technology-focused “agency of innovation” that partners with other forward-thinking companies in the industry.
- Known for her expertise on blockchain technology, Bettina has been featured across numerous media sources, including WIRED, The Atlantic and BBC News, to name a few.
- In 2016, she gave a TED Talk on the complex technology, which has since been viewed over 3 million times.
Life Outside Work :
- A polyglot, Bettina can speak English, German, French, Spanish and Portuguese.
- Adding to her list of accomplishments, Bettina is a certified yoga instructor.