Wiki Biography / Profile Background
- Karla Otto is a fashion entrepreneur and former model originally from Germany.
- Chic, stylish and smart, Karla has always been determined to prove that she is more than just a pretty face.
Personal Life, Parents and Family Details :
- Karla Otto was born and raised in the city of Bonn in Germany.
- She gave birth to her son, Charles in 1991. The father of the child is Swiss/Italian illustrator Francois Berthoud. After they started dating in 1982, Karla and Francois were in a relationship for 15 years. Charles, a graduate of Chapman University worked as a Senior Digital Strategist for Karla’s company from 2013 to 2020.
Education : Qualifications, High School & College Info
- Karla attended university in Japan in the 1970s. During her time there, she was struggling to pay for school and considered teaching German and English in her spare time but after being offered a modeling contract, she left Japan and never finished her studies.
- Karla had always enjoyed working in a creative environment and traveling, but she never considered herself a model. Yet she took advantage of this opportunity to discover the burgeoning creative scene.
Career, Jobs, Salary and Net Worth :
- After leaving Japan, Otto went on to walk several high fashion runways in Paris, Tokyo, and Milan. She eventually settled down in Milan, Italy, and joined the Elio Fiorucci fashion brand as a press secretary.
- During her time in Milan, Karla managed to successfully network and grow her list of clients and business associates.
- In 1982, she left Elio Fiorucci and started her own personal fashion brand.
- For more than three decades, she partnered with high-profile fashion houses such as Prada, Jean-Paul Gaultier, Jim Sander, and Marni to help build and expand their brands.
- Otto’s company handled several responsibilities such as creating strategies for public relations, event planning, managing showrooms, and producing fashion shows.
- Karla also handled PR for more than 70 companies including the likes of Christian Dior, Simone Rocha, Celine, and Givenchy.
- With more than 30 years of experience in business, Karla’s company continues to grow and now employs over 400 staff members thanks to a successful merger with The Independents Group. Providing high-quality brand consultancy, digital strategies, event production, and VIP services, the company continues to expand with seven offices around the world.
- Karla’s brand is also quite successful in Asian countries such as Japan and China.