|Personal Details Summary|
|Name||Kathy Van Zeeland|
|Birthday / Kathy Van Zeeland Age / Date of Birth / DOB||As of 2023, she is around 59 years old.|
|Wedding / Husband / Dating / Married / Boyfriend||Married. Check the full bio for relationship details.|
|Children / No. of Kids||None|
|Ethnicity / Origin / Heritage / Race||White|
|What is Kathy Van Zeeland doing now?||Every season, Kathy designs fresh product that is affordable for her customers, using the best materials.|
Wikipedia Biography / Profile Background
Kathy Van Zeeland is mostly known for designing her range of self-titled handbag ranges, but also for her marriage to real estate mogul Bruce Makowsky.
Personal Life, Parents and Family Details :
- Kathy grew up in a family being one of the four girls.
- She has said that although she often thought that her father would have liked to have a son, he never said anything to make his daughters feel that way.
- In her teenage years, her father tragically passed away, and she has described that as one of the most difficult things that she has ever gone through.
- When Kathy married her husband, Bruce Makowsky, in her early 20’s, she chose to keep her maiden name as she did not want to see her father’s name die off. She made the decision after her three sisters had already married and changed their names.
- Her husband has worked in real estate throughout their marriage and is said to have a net worth of over $400 million.
Education : Qualifications, High School & College Info
- Kathy had a keen interest in design from a young age that was encouraged by her grandmother, who was a dressmaker by trade.
- Van Zeeland used her grandmother’s training to secure her in a New York Design School.
Career Timeline : Profession and Net Worth
- After her graduation, Kathy interned for various fashion houses before landing the role of an assistant in a private fashion house.
- It was from this role that she eventually went on to become their Vice President. She was responsible for overseeing the $200 million sales peak of that design company.
- Although she loved that job, however, not being the “big boss” meant that her creativity was not allowed to run as free as she would have liked.
- With that said, in 2004, Kathy made the decision to launch her own handbag business & set up her headquarters in the grand ballroom of the newly acquired Beverley Hills property that her husband had purchased.
- Within four years of operation, the firm had sold over 60 million handbags. She later decided to sell her company to a Hong Kong based firm, LF USA. LF USA, a subsidiary of Hong Kong-based Li and Fung Ltd, bought Van Zeeland Inc. for a whooping USD 330 million.
- Even after the sale, both Van Zeeland and her husband Makowsky were employed by LF USA for the long term, and they remained in the firm’s Manhattan office to operate the business. The design team was continued to be led by Van Zeeland while Makowsky oversaw the business’s overall growth and strategy.
Kathy Van Zeeland Handbags : Design & Reputation
- Kathy launched her handbag empire with three original bags. They were titled “Nine West,” “Easy Spirit,” and “Angiol,” and although they sold well – they were met with mixed reviews.
- Fans loved the touch of bling that she brought to her bags, and she regularly sold out on QVC and across department stores.
- Critics, however, labeled her designs as gaudy and somewhat tacky. She responded to that criticism that she wanted to please her target audience, which was not them.
- In 2009, after the first release of new bags after selling her label was released, she came under fire with many people saying that the bags were of considerably lower quality. She denied this and encouraged people to take up their warranties if they had any issues.
Arlan Hamilton Net Worth, Age, Bio, Startup Fund, Birthday【 Wikipedia 】
Kino MacGregor【 Wikipedia 】Age, Diet, Yoga, Wiki, Injury, Birthday, Bio
Rachel McCord Age, Wikipedia Bio, Husband, Sister Angel McCord
Terry Biviano Wikipedia, Age, Shoes, Net Worth, House, Husband, Baby
Radhika Jones【 Wikipedia Bio 】Husband, Indian, Wiki, Family, Married
Elena Lyons Cardone Wiki, Age, Net Worth, Height, Book, Actress, Bio
Katia Beauchamp【 Birchbox 】Net Worth, Salary, Wikipedia Bio, Age
Alli Webb Drybar Age, Husband Married, Net worth ( Wiki Bio ) Parents
Sarah Chapman Age, Wedding, Husband, Married【 Bio Wiki 】Net worth
Where do I get the wheels fixed on my luggage?
I purchased a Kathy purse 10 years ago at Hudson’s Bay, put it in my closet, and forgot about it. I took it out recently to use and the material is all peeling, it is unusable and looks awful. What kind of warranty is there as this is an unused purse and should not be degrading in my closet? I have leather purses that are 30+ years old and look brand new. I have the receipt still in the purse.
I loved Kathy’s handbags with all the bling. I still have some in my purse collection today.
First of all, I have a few Kathy and Bruce purses. Mostly B Makowsky though. I love love love their purses! My problem is that one of my purses’ handles is raving/peeling and the color is fading. Can you please tell me where I can send this purse in order to get it repaired? It’s shiny gold and gorgeous. Thank you for your assistance.
It’s time to toss it
I bought her luggage from QVC…I think in 2008/09 not really sure. I loved it!!! I only ordered 2 bags. I wished I had bought them out!!! Best luggage EVER!
But a few years later, I tried to buy more, and the design was different and quality just not there. I have looked over the years to purchase the original cases and have been unable to find any!