Biography Profile / Wiki Information
- Founder of Rapid Transformational Therapy (RTT), a trainer and speaker of all things health and fitness, Marisa Peer is the ‘go-to’ therapist for people looking to make a positive change in their lives.
- Also a best-selling author with close to 30 years experience helping others, Marisa’s particular focus is the wellbeing of women and children.
Personal Life & Family Background :
- Marisa was born in 1957 and is married to a British entrepreneur John Davy. They live in London.
- She has a daughter Phaedra who is an artist by profession.
Early Life, Qualifications & Education :
- As a child growing up, Marisa had her own insecurities and fears and felt she wasn’t good enough.
- She saw her friends with similar issues and realized that talking to them helped them overcome their issues.
- With a natural flair for helping others, Marisa went on to study child psychology and eventually neuroplasticity, a method that is adopted to change brain activity for a more positive outlook.
Business Course, Books & Net Worth :
- After graduating from University, Marisa became an aerobics instructor and first worked at Pineapple Dance Studios in London and later at the Jane Fonda Fitness Centre in Los Angeles.
- This work led her to realize that the fitness craze had led many women to have eating disorders in order to look good.
- After these jobs, Marisa retrained as a hypnotherapist and psychotherapist over a three year period at the Hypnotism Training Institute.
- I Am Enough, is the company that Marisa founded with a focus on empowering people to change their lives for the better.
- She has also pioneered a new therapy Rapid Transformational Therapy (RTT) which has been accredited by the International Council of Psychotherapists in the United Kingdom, America and Australia.
- A combination of hypnotherapy and psychotherapy are core fundamentals of Marissa’s work. She now teaches her methods to doctors and others who work with underachieving children suffering from stress and anxiety.
- In 2017, she set up an anti-bullying program called ‘RTT and Me’ to help children in San Francisco schools increase their self-confidence and self-worth.
- The British magazine Tatler recognized her work by including her in the guide of ‘Britain’s Best 250 Doctors’.
- She has won the award of ‘Best Speaker’ from multiple organizations – The Mastermind Group London, the Women in Business Super Conference and The Royal Society of Medicine.
- In 2018, Marisa added ‘Woman of The Year’ and few ‘Best Therapist’ awards to her already long list of accolades.
- Her TV appearances include the reality television series ‘Celebrity Fit Club’ & ‘Supersize vs Superskinny,’ leading to her being in demand as a nutritionist.
Trivia, Height & Interesting Facts :
- Marisa has treated a few Hollywood actors as well as some members of the Royal Family.
- She jokes that her car ‘A Silver Mercedes SLK’ is a feature of a midlife crisis.
- She says that her father was the biggest impact on her life teaching her to help people.