Wiki Information / Biography Profile
- Al Quiring is a well-recognised Canadian heavy rescue operator and towing expert.
- He manages the well-known business Quiring Towing and has made a series of appearances in Discovery Channel Canada’s Highway Thru Well as the formidable towing rival of Jamie Davis.
Business History & Background :
- Being in the towing industry for more than fifty years, Al Quiring took charge of the family business Quiring Towing that has transcended through generations.
- The business was first started by his grandparents, Ann and Elmer Quiring, who purchased the towing company in 1962.
- The business was a growing family affair starting with their eldest sons, Richard and Robert, who started helping their father, Elmer, with towing trucks.
- Upon completing high school education, Elmer’s younger sons Ed and Bill also joined in. His daughters Barb and Debbie helped their mother with clerical duties. The grandchildren (which included Al) would also help during summer breaks or sometimes after attending school.
- The business became so huge where they started accepting apprenticeships and later became full-time automotive mechanics.
After Elmer’s Retirement :
- In 1975, Al’s grandparents retired and the four sons purchased the business. All the 4 sons went on their different paths & the old company ceased operations.
- Only the automotive service sector business handled by Richard and the towing business run by Robert, Al’s father was retained
- It was in 1994 when Al started participating full-time in the family business until he finally took over & started managing the business.
- Today, his son, Cary, is expected to assume his position if ever he’ll decide to retire. Cary was also given the opportunity to appear on Highway Thru Hell.
TV Career, Salary & Net Worth :
- The name Al Quiring has become a household name in Canada with his participation in the Canadian reality television show, Highway Thru Hell.
- He started appearing on the fifth episode of season 1 as the A-Team of Jamie Davis’ daunting rival.
- Despite the fierce competition between Al & Jamie in the show, the rivalry actually made the show more interesting.
- The show has succeeded in bringing viewer attention to the unfamiliar world of towing, and the undiscovered stories of struggles being experienced by prime towing companies. These challenges are usually just happening behind the camera and are rarely covered by the media.
- He has starred in a few episodes throughout the seven seasons of the show, and his recurring role has paved way for the family business to garner global recognition.
Giving Back to the Community :
- Quiring Towing established their name from a long history of well-executed recovery jobs.
- When Al became known as the face of Quiring Towing, he made sure to continue the tradition of giving back and providing service to their community.
- Apart from the recovery jobs, they also have a good track record when it comes to rescuing animals. They have also helped establish training routines for the proper execution of life-threatening recoveries for the local fire department.
- The company also remains an active participant and sponsor of local events and safety fairs. They also helped in designing snow shed protocol, which includes light indicators for the need to chain tires, and additional snow plows to prevent obstruction. These measures have helped a lot of highway drivers.