Wikipedia Biography / Profile Information
- Martin Von Haselberg is an artist, writer, director, and producer, who is more well-known as the husband of American singer Bette Midler. Few people know his full name – Martin Rochus Sebastian von Haselberg.
- In the 1970s, Martin got recognized after pairing himself with Brian Routh as a duo for the group “The Kipper Kids.” The duo was also known as ‘Harry and Harry Kipper’.
Personal Life & Family Background :
- Martin was born in 1949 in Buenos Aires, Argentina.
- In December 1984, he got married to award-winning singer and songwriter Bette Midler just after dating for six weeks. The couple became parents in 1986 after welcoming their daughter Sophie von Haselberg (Full name ‘Sophie Frederica Alohilani von Haselberg’).
Early Life and Education :
- Martin passed his childhood in Buenos Aires and later joined the East 15 Acting School in Essex, England. He met a new friend Brian Routh while in school and they founded an art troupe “The Kipper Kids.”
Career and Philanthropy :
- Martin’s career was a major success with the “Mondo Beyondo Show” in 1988 in USA and this was a milestone for his career as a producer. The show was exceptional with its music and drama and received good reviews.
- Martin produced many great films and TV shows for English producers and networks. He contributed his talents in a few Argentinian films and American films as well. Most of them were spiced up with comedy and humor. He was best known for producing contemporary art.
- In 1976, he appeared as a guest in a “Mary Hartman Show” with Louise Lasser.
- In the 1980s, he appeared in the comedy, drama, and mystery TV series such as “Moonlighting.”
- He directed “Tales from the Crypt” a horror film in 1994. The story focused on a wife who had killed her husband.
- In recent years, Martin has been spotted with his wife Bette in many award ceremonies and galas. Martin has always supported and encouraged his wife’s career, pushing her to pursue her interest and aspirations in singing. He was a great father too.
Trivia, Height & Interesting Facts :
- Martin and Bette happily celebrated their 35th wedding Anniversary on December 16, 2019.
- He has produced many biographies and short stories of celebrities and historical figures.