Biography Profile / Wikipedia Details
- Courtney Hadwin is a teenage schoolgirl from the UK. A singing sensation & a social media favorite, she is best known for achieving the ‘Golden buzzer’ in the latest season of American talent contest, America’s Got Talent.
Family Background & Early Life :
- Courtney Hadwin was born in 2004 and grew up in County Durham in North East England, UK. She lives in this small town of Heselden on the outskirts of Hartlepool.
- Parents : As of 2019, her father Paul is aged 33 & her mother Anne-Marie is also aged 33.
- She has two younger siblings – A brother named Paul aged eleven & her sister, Melissa is aged nine.
- As she is still young, much of her upbringing so far has remained private, but she famously admits in interviews, that she likes to busy in order to raise money for her singing lessons.
Education & Training :
- Courtney attended junior schools in her hometown of Heselden & has reportedly always seemed to be a natural performer.
- She now attends The Academy at Shotton Hall, for her high school education, and this was where her remarkable singing talent was first spotted when she performed in a school musical.
Singing Career, Salary & Net Worth :
The Voice UK :
- Before finding her fame on America’s Got Talent, Courtney hit the headlines in the UK after appearing in the junior version of The Voice UK.
- Entering in 2016, at the tender age of 12, she raised eyebrows with her splendid performances. In her audition, two of the four judges, McFly’s Danny Jones and English songstress Pixie Lott turned their chair after her powerful rendition of the Tina Turner classic, ‘Nutwood City Limits’.
- After accepting a place on the team of Danny Jones, Courtney effortlessly made her way through the sing offs and was narrowly beaten in the final of the contest by Jess Folley.
America’s got Talent :
- After her first contest’s success, Hadwin and her parents considered carefully, which was the best contest for her to enter next.
- As she was still too young to appear on the X-Factor, the family opted to boycott Britain’s got Talent in favor of America’s got Talent, claiming that it is the biggest show in the world.
- After a shy, reserved introduction to all the four judges, Courtney burst into an outrageous rendition of Marvin Gaye’s song ‘Too Hot to Handle’, complete with her own, choreographed dance moves. Judge Howie Mandel was so impressed with her performance that he pressed his golden buzzer and sent Courtney directly to their finals.
Trivia, Height & Fun Facts :
- Courtney loves to perform soul classics, and on her route to the final of The Junior Voice UK competition in 2016, she performed classics such as Dancing in the Street, James Brown’s I’ve got you and the song I’m Telling You as featured in the movie Dream Girls.
- Her performances in both shows have been praised highly by a number of celebrities on social media, Simon Cowell himself described her as a lion and similar to a younger Janis Joplin, in the manner she transformed hair shy demeanor into an explosive performance.