Marathi Spice Name in English / Masala Meaning in English
Masale or spices are a huge part of the Marathi cuisine (Indian cuisine in general) and food culture, We have summarised the names of the most important masale in English. This will help you to understand & learn the names of the spices in English and might be useful if you leave Maharashtra or while visiting an international supermarket.
The names are in alphabetical order in Marathi.
- Amchoor / Aamchur in english : Sour Mango Powder
- Amchur powder in english : Sour Mango Powder
- Badishep : Fennel
- Chakri phool in english : Star anise
- Dalchini in english : Cinnamon
- Dalimb in english : Pomegranate
- Dink in english : Gum Resin
- Harbhara in english : Bengal Gram
- Heeng / Hing in english : Asafoetida
- Jaiphal in english : Nutmeg
- Jaypatri meaning in english : Mace
- Jeshthamadh in english : Liquorice
- Kali Miri in english : Black Pepper
- Kali Velchi in english : Black Cardamom
- Kasuri Methi : Dried fenugreek
- Keshar : Saffron
- Khaskhas in english : Poppy Seeds
- Kothimbir in english : Coriander
- Lavang in english : Clove
- Methi : Fenugreek
- Mohari in english : Mustard Seeds
- Ova / Owa : Carom
- Marathi moggu in english meaning : Kapok buds
- Rai / Rayee : Brown Mustard Seed
- Saindhav Meeth / Saindav Mith : Black Salt
- Shah Jeera / Shahjeera in english : Black Cumin
- Supari in english : Betelnut
- Tamal patra in english : Bay Leaves
- Tulsi english name : Holy Basil
- Urad dal : Split Black gram
If you want to know more spice or masala names and their translation, feel free to ask in the comments. If this post is useful to you, please share it!
Kardi or karar in English
Kardle in English? Please
Kadu karyal in Marathi Traslate To English Please
oregono in Marathi
English names for masale “Dhondful”, ”badamful” and “Nakeshwar”?
TRIFALA in MaratHi BUT IN ENGLISH WHAT IS WORD ?
TRIFALA IN MARAHI, WHAT IS IN ENGLISH ?