Biography Profile / Megan Parkinson Wikipedia
- Northern-born redhead Megan Parkinson was behind the scenes in the 2016 Season of Game of Thrones. In 2017, however, the young actress took on her own character in the seventh season of popular fantasy series.
- Megan is known in the UK for her role in the popular BBC hospital drama, ‘Holby City,’ along with the TV movie, ‘To Walk Invisible’ where Megan played the part of Martha Brown.
Early Life & Family :
- Megan was born on July 18, 1996, in Silsden, Yorkshire.
- Not much is known about Megan’s early life but it is thought that she worked for UK Manufacturing Company, Airedale Springs, from 2014-2015 before moving to London.
- In London, she attended the National Youth Theatre (NYT) of Great Britain, the UK’s leading arts and theatre organization for 15-25 year olds.
Megan Parkinson Game of Thrones – Behind the Scenes :
- Megan is thought to have begun on the Game of Thrones set in 2016 as the body double for Sophie Turner, who plays Sansa Stark.
- The actress has since been photographed in costume with a sword on her hip, something Sansa Stark would be unlikely to carry.
- In the 2017 season, Megan took on the role of Alys Karstark, a young headstrong teenager and childhood friend of Jon Snow (played by Kit Harington) and the deceased Robb Stark.
TV Work Besides GOT :
- Relatively new to the screen, her first appearances were on the BBC TV series ‘Holby City’ as Eleanor Ellis and ‘To Walk Invisible: The Bronte Sisters,’ where she played ‘Martha’ (one of John and Mary Brown’s six daughters).
- In 2016, she also starred as ‘Leanne’ in the BBC movie ‘Damilola, Our Loved Boy.’ The show was an adaptation of the true story of the death of Damilola Taylor, a 10-year-old Nigerian boy living in London.
- The talented actress also appeared in the BBC’s adaptation of ‘Cormoran Strike’ novels by Harry Potter fame writer J.K. Rowling. Megan played Brittany, the stepdaughter of Noel Brockbank and a rape victim. The series aired on HBO.
Theatre Work :
- While studying at the NYT, Megan performed in three different productions in London’s West End.
- Her debut performance was as Lancelot in William Shakespeare’s Merchant of Venice.
- She later landed the part of Mary in Consensual, a new play by Evan Placey that explores the effectiveness of sex education in UK schools.
- She made her third appearance as the young Cathy in Emily Bronte’s Wuthering Heights.
Interesting Facts :
- Megan’s repertoire of accents includes UK accents: Cockney, London, Yorkshire and British Received Pronunciation. She can also perform an American standard and Californian accent.