The American TV actress Olivia Rodrigo is from California. She initially gained her fame from the movie “American Girl: Grace Stirs Up Success,” where she played the role of Grace Thomas.
Family, Education & Personal Details :
- Olivia Rodrigo was born on February 20th, 2003, in Temecula, California.
- Not much is known about her family, parents or siblings, but she grew up in California and attended the ‘Dorothy McElhinney Middle School.’
- She landed her first big role as Grace Thomas at a young age. Whenever she had to shoot during school hours, she was “homeschooled” on set by one of her teachers, where she learns what others would learn normally at school.
- She is interested in both design and rights, and when she grows up, she aims to be a Major in Fashion and Minor in Women’s Studies.
TV Career & Profession :
- Her debut as an actress in ÒGrace Stirs Up SuccessÓ launched her up to fame. Her role in it was based on the American Girl book series. She was only seven years old when she was offered the role.
- Given the fact that her family’s owned bakery was going to be soon shut down, Olivia decides to become a part of the show ‘MasterChef Junior,’ trying to help her grandparents’ business.
- In 2017, she starred in the ‘Disney TV’ sitcom, ‘Bizaardvark,’ which portrays teenagers’ everyday lives.
Net Worth, Career & Professional Life :
- In 1980, she took part in the movie Forbidden Zone, a bizarre and musical tale of a girl who travels to another dimension through the gateway found in her family’s basement, where she played the role of a featured dancer.
- In 1989, she participated in Cold Feet, a comedy/crime film about a psycho-killer, a cowboy and a girl who are partners in crime. In this occasion, she worked as the producer.
- In 2010, she appeared in the Golden Globes Red Carpet Live program. This was the coverage of the celebrity arrivals at the red carpet event of The 67th Golden Globe Awards.
Interesting Facts :
- Her sudden fame came at a price; Olivia had to constantly move houses, from one city to the other.
- This meant leaving behind most of her friends and changing schools a lot, which for a 12-year-old can be a pretty drastic change in life.
- Nationality : American
- Ethnicity / Origin / Heritage / Race : Latina
- Eye Color : Dark Brown
- Already quite popular on Instagram and Twitter, with close to 40K Followers (in 2017)
- Olivia Rodrigo is a big Harry Potter fan. She loves everything related to ancient history and mythology.
- Olivia expressed that her deep connection to her very first movie role, Grace Thomas, was beyond words; she had been a fan of the series since she was very young.
- Apart from being an excellent teenage actress, she is also a singer and plays instruments such as the keyboard and the clarinet.
- She says to have fallen into the acting thing by accident; she at first started taking singing lessons, and her teacher was the one encouraging her to try it out because she saw her as a very expressive singer. She still would like to pursue a singing career, she says.
- Her music idol is a British singer, Lorde. She admires her ability to “be different and not afraid to be herself.”
- Another of Olivia’s passions is gymnastics. There’s a lot of Òhandstand competitionsÓ on set, say her on-set mates.