Biography Profile / Wiki Information
- Rachel Bernard is a former American adult film star and photographer from Chicago, Illinois. Her professional name in porn was ‘Ava Taylor’.
- Beautiful and ambitious, she decided to leave the adult film industry and embark on a more liberated career as a photographer.
Family Background & Early Life :
- Bernard was born in Chicago on June 14th, 1995.
- She is not very well-known outside of the adult film industry and so there is not much known about her or her childhood.
Working as an Adult Film Star :
- When Rachel was about 17 or 18 years old, she came across an ad on Craigslist that claimed to be looking for ‘Hot Girls Only.’
- It was falsely advertised as a modeling gig that came with the chance to fly to Miami for free. The Oswego native applied for the gig but was surprised to find out that it was actually a job as an adult film entertainer.
- Bernard was hesitant at first, but after finding out that she could earn thousands of dollars for few hours of her work, she decided to move to Miami to become a porn actress.
- In the documentary, “Hot Girls Wanted,” which followed the lives of young girls like Rachel, who also worked in the porn industry in Miami, she revealed that she earned approximately $80,000 for all of her movies.
- Unfortunately, she never got to enjoy most of it, as she had to pay her agents, settle her bills and buy essential products to help with her job.
Leaving the Industry :
- In the documentary, Bernard admitted that she hated filming and that the job itself took a toll on her physical and emotional well-being.
- Rachel described how exhausting it was having to work day after day doing something that really isn’t natural. So after filming the documentary, she made her mind up to walk away from the adult film industry for good and never return.
- After leaving the industry, Rachel was hesitant to return to her hometown in Oswego, given that her parents, family, friends, and neighbors all knew about her profession. She did, however, manage to return and still lives in Oswego.
Photography Career, Salary & Net Worth :
- Before joining the adult film industry, Rachel had aspirations of one day becoming a professional director and photographer but did not have the money to buy a professional-grade camera.
- After working in porn for a while, she was able to buy herself a proper camera and begin her path to living the life she always wanted.
- Currently, Rachel works as a professional photographer and has partnered with several local musicians to create creative pieces depicting their music and style. She also enjoys working with regular people and helping them capture special moments of their lives in the most artistic and creative way possible.
- Bernard also works as an advocate and speaks openly about the dangers of choosing to work in the adult film industry, especially as a teenager.