Wikipedia Biography / Profile Information
- Austin Evans is an American YouTuber hailing from California. He has garnered more than 5 million subscribers.
- Austin’s YouTube channel is about everything related to popular tech such as gaming PC’s, smartphones, consoles, and headphones. Austin has two YouTube channels named Austin Evans and This Is.
YouTube Career :
- In 2009, Austin made his first YouTube video because a friend recommended him to make video app reviews. At the time, he was already writing reviews for iPhone and iPod Touch apps.
- Austin’s first video was called “Application Review 1.” He was very inexperienced back then and had little equipment for making videos. He took screenshots on his iPod and did a voiceover using his PlayStation microphone. The video got a few views and likes on YouTube which motivated him to make more videos.
- Evans mentions that he never had a breakout moment on YouTube. On the other hand, his progress has been slow and steady, through which he continued to learn and grew.
- His first viral hit was a video on speed testing of the iPhone 5 and Samsung Galaxy S3. The video was featured on Mashable and it was viewed over 100,000 times on its first day. A similar video comparing iPhone 6 and Galaxy S5 which he uploaded two years later also went viral and has 5 million views so far.
- Austin was part of the CES 2015 roundtable hosted by The Verge, a tech media network.
- He has worked with global brands such as VIZIO and Castrol.
- His YouTube channel is often talked about positively on communities like Reddit.
Personal Details, Family & Trivia :
- Austin was born on August 22, 1992, in New Jersey.
- He is engaged, and he posted a picture of him with his fiancée on Instagram in January 2018.
- Austin is friends with Marques Brownlee, another tech guru, who too has over 10 million subscribers.
- On his 22nd birthday, Austin bought a new car for his mother.
- In 2014, he lost everything because of a house fire. One of his dedicated fans bought him a new MacBook Pro in order to help him get back on his feet since he lost most of his valuable in the fire.
- Austin is a big fan of Twitter & uses it all the time.
- If he had more time, Austin says he would like to make more videos. He used to be able to do more videos but now that he puts more effort in the videos, he doesn’t post as much. Quality over quantity.
- His most favorite videos that he has done are: What if computers disappeared, How Real is Virtual Reality?, and Gaming in Ultra HD for VIZIO.
- His favorite YouTube channels are LinusTechTips, Motor Trend, and Vsauce3.
- Austin’s advice to aspiring YouTubers is to be persistent. He says it took him almost three years to figure out what makes a video good. And two more years before he could deliver high-quality videos.