Wikipedia Biography / Profile Background
Harald Baldr is a Norwegian businessman and a traveling YouTuber, who owns and runs a popular travel vlog.
Personal Life, Parents and Family Details :
- At the age of eighteen years old, Harald left his native country of Norway and started traveling the world.
- Despite being told as a schoolkid in the 1990s that Thailand was not a safe country, Harald bought a roundtrip ticket in 2002 that allowed him to visit twenty countries, and in particular Thailand, which Harald had been interested in for many years.
- Since his first trip to Thailand, Harald has frequently returned, immersing himself in the culture and even learning some of the language.
- After leaving Norway at age 18 and beginning his travels, Harald is now no longer associating with his home country.
- Harald continues to travel the world and holds tourist status. This means that he has little social welfare benefits, but the benefit is that he also has to pay low taxes.
- He has visited over seventy countries during his years of traveling and continues to cross new borders and discover new places every year. He has been doing this for close to two decades now.
Job, Career, Business Net Worth :
- While visiting and living in Thailand, Harald learned how to speak and write Thai. He was employed as a lecturer at the University of Khon Kaen in Thailand for some years, a job he remembers fondly.
- He is currently fully devoted to his YouTube channel, where he constantly uploads vlogs from his travels. He also has a motorcycle series on his channel, where he travels through Asia on his bike, through jungles and cities. Harald has stated that the motorcycle series is one of his proudest accomplishments.
- Harald has also contributed with English YouTuber Benjamin Rich (aka Mr. Bald) of the Bald and Bankrupt channel while traveling throughout India. Mr. Bald has since gone on to achieve great levels of popularity on his own, but he first appeared on Harald’s YouTube channel.
- Currently, most of his livelihood and income comes from his YouTube channel, as well as from appearances on podcasts and various investments he has made in various countries while traveling through them.
Interesting Facts, Height and Trivia :
- In 2020, in the midst of the coronavirus crisis, Harald was traveling through Sri Lanka. He has also spent time in Vietnam, Italy, Germany, Romania, Nepal, Peru, Philippines, and the United States.
- He describes his political leanings as a libertarian. He is inspired by the beliefs that the Founding Fathers of the United States had.
- Harald also posts videos dealing with the business side of things. He offers frequent advice on how to be self-employed and how to best manage finances and investments.
- Despite cutting ties with his home country, Harald is very passionate about Norse mythology and history. He is very inspired by the tales of the Viking king Harald Sigurdsson who ruled Norway from 1046 until 1066 when he fell at the Battle of Stamford Bridge in England.
- Harald is known for his acts of generosity while filming his videos – He once paid Rs 28,000 to an Indian barber for an Rs. 100 Haircut, while another time he paid $1000 to a tea vendor in Srilanka. He also frequently writes blog posts and is very active on forums.