Hasan Picker is an entertainment and political journalist from Turkey. He is most well-known for hosting videos on “The Young Turks” YouTube channel.
Personal Life : Parents, Family & Education
- Hasan was born on July 25, 1991, in Istanbul, Turkey.
- He is the nephew of Cenk Uygur, a columnist, political commentator and activist. Cenk is the co-founder of “The Young Turks” (TYT), an American political commentary network. He also co-founded the associated TYT Network.
- In 2013, Hasan graduated from “Rutgers University” (in New Jersey) & secured his B.A. in Political Science and Communication.
- For further education, he headed to the University of Miami where he got a Bachelor of Business Administration (BBA), Business Administration and Management, General.
- He currently lives in Los Angeles, California.
- He can speak fluently in 3 languages – Turkish, German and English.
Professional Career, Salary & Net Worth :
- Hasan has worked primarily for the YouTube channel The Young Turks‘ series “Pop-Crunch” as an on-air host. TYT is a “leftist” media network. As of July 2020, it has nearly 5 million subscribers and five billion views.
- Before working as the host, he began as an advertiser & the producer of the show. He has also worked as the company’s business manager. In his videos, he provides a detailed analysis of the top news stories of the day.
- Currently, he is the host of “The Breakdown” on TYT.
- Hasan is also a regular contributor on BuzzFeed and TMZ’s TooFab (we can see videos of him speaking about the best and worst dressed stars of the week).
- He is a contributor to “The Huffington Post.” He regularly writes columns.
- In June 2015, Piker started his own YouTube channel as well, which as of 2020, has over 150K subscribers.
Interesting Facts :
- While studying at the “Rutgers University,” Hasan was very active on campus, he was a member of the Theta Delta Chi fraternity. He also participated in “Rutgers Club Basketball.”
- Hasan Piker Height : 6′ 4″ (1,93 m).
- He worked in the short film “Inherent Greed” (2016).
Social Media Presence :
- Hasan has as a Facebook page, as well as an Instagram and Twitter accounts. He also has Snapchat (he declared that Snapchat may become the main entertainment platform of his generation). He is very popular in all of them. He has more than 200k followers on Facebook. He uses them at all times; he is more active on Twitter where he writes every day about a wide variety of topics.