Biodata Profile / Background Information
- Vikram Phadnis is a well-known Costume Designer, Director, and Producer working in the Hindi and Marathi Film Industry. He has been working in Bollywood for close to three decades now.
- He is one of the most recognized names in the Bollywood fashion world, next to Manish Malhotra and Rocky S.
Personal Life : Parents, Family and Education
- Vikram went to school at Jamnabai Narsee School in Mumbai.
- He did his graduation from MMK College in Bandra, Mumbai.
- He never took any professional training for fashion designing. Still, his passion and fashion sense helped him manage the wardrobes of some of the biggest names in the glamour industry – both Bollywood and corporate alike.
Business, Net worth and Career :
- Phadnis started his career as a choreographer before eventually rising to fame within the fashion industry.
- Now, Vikram owns a retail store in Juhu, Mumbai. His label focuses mainly on high-end Indian and western wear, for both men and women.
- Vikram’s creations are also accessible in different cities and outlets – Johannesburg and Durban (South Africa), Sahil Exclusive (Chicago), Parineeta in Jackson Heights and Jamaica (New York), Delhi and Hyderabad. He also has growth plans in Dubai, primarily focusing on fashionable and style-aware habitants.
Work in Movies :
- In 2017, Vikram made his directorial debut with the Marathi film ‘Hrudayantar’ starring Subodh Bhave and Mukta Barve.
- In 2019, he directed the movie Smile Please, which featured Mukta Barve, Lalit Prabhakar, Aditi Govitrikar and Prasad Oak in pivotal roles.
Interesting Facts, Height and Trivia :
- Vikram was the winner of the IIFA Award for ‘Best Costume Style’ in 2005. His work for Priyanka Chopra in ‘Mujse Shaadi Kroge’ won him this award.
- He also represented India at the 10th Sanlam South African Fashion week.
- Smile Please (2019)
- Machine (2017)
- Commando (2013)
- Singham (2011)
- All the Best: Fun Begins (2009)
- God Tussi Great Ho (2008)
- Bhoothnath (2008)
- Kaisay Kahein…(2007)
- Salaam-E-Ishq (2007)
- Rocky (2006)
- My Faraway Bride (2006)
- Anjaane: The Unkown (2005)
- Blackmail (2005)
- Hulchul (2004)
- Aitraaz (2004)
- Kyun! Ho Gaya Na…(2004)
- Mujhse Shaadi Karogi (2004)
- Ek Aur Ek Gyarah: By Hook or by Crook (2003)
- Humraaz (2002)
- Kitne Door…Kitne Paas (as Vikram Phadnis) (2002)
- Ajnabee (2001)
- Dhadkan (2000)
- Har Dil Jo Pyar Karega…(2000)
- Khauff (as Vikram Padnis) (2000)
- Dil Kya Kare (1999)
- Haseena Maan Jaayegi (1999)
- Biwi No. 1 (1999)
- Betaabi (1997)
- Smile Please – Director (2019)
- Hrudayantar – Director/Producer (2017)