Ama Daetz is an American weekday co-anchor for ABC7 News. She was born in San Jose, California.
Parents, Family & Education :
- Ama is the youngest child of Denny Daetz.
- She has two sisters – Effie Daetz & Ekua Daetz & a stepmother Laura Lee Daetz.
- On October 23rd, 2015, her stepmother passed away in a car accident. Shortly after her funeral, Ama’s grandmother Virginia Daetz passed too on 31 October 2015.
- Daetz grew up in San Jose but eventually moved to San Francisco with her family.
- Education – Graduated from the Loyola Marymount University in 2001.
- In September 2012, Ama married John Seymour, who works as a sports field reporter with her at the station. In 2017, Ama announced that she was pregnant with her first child. She returned to work in March 2018 after having her baby daughter.
Interesting Facts & Trivia :
- Ama is a huge fan of American sports. She follows the NHL team, San Jose Sharks, NBA team Golden State Warriors & the MLB team, San Francisco Giants.
- An active person, she often goes running, cycling, hiking, or hitting the gym on weekends.
- Her favorite foods are garlic fries and Ghirardelli ice cream. In-N-Out Burger is her all-time favorite place to dine.
- An active member for the Make A Wish Foundation, she often presents their charity events.
- Starred in the documentary Batkid Begins, a movie funded by the Make A Wish Foundation for a 5-year-old leukemia patient, Miles. It was Miles’ wish to be Batman for a day, and the movie records his adventures of saving Gotham City as Batkid for a day.
- Owns a mixed breed white Maltese dog named Louie.
- There was a scare among her fans when she slurred her speech and appeared dizzy on-air earlier this year. She was replaced after a break and was reported to have taken sick leave.
- Ama Daetz Illness / Health Update / Sick : She is very much alive and is in good health.
Father Denny Daetz Details :
- Ama’s father, Denny, is a retired teacher from Los Gatos-Saratoga Union High School District & taught social studies, economics, computer programming, and computer application.
- In 2013, he was awarded the Kennedy Center ‘Stephen Sondheim Inspirational Teacher Award’ for his inspiration and positive impact on students and the community.
- He is also the president of the Akwaaba Foundation, a non-profit organization that educates people about world peace & sustainable international economic development.
- His foundation also raises funds for the reprogramming of Simpolicon©, an educational computer program that stimulates economic development, environmental sustainability, and international political relations of a nation.
Ama Daetz Salary, Net Worth & Professional Career :
- Daetz started work as a writer, producer and editor in Fresno, CA, while she was still studying.
- Shortly after graduating, she worked as a news field reporter for multiple news stations.
- She first started with the CBS station in Amarillo, Texas, then moved to Kalamazoo, Michigan, to join News 3.
- NBC in Detroit then hired her before she moved to Fox in Sacramento, California.
Ama has also appeared in few films & TV shows :
- TV News Reporter – The Mentalist (In 2 episodes)
- Claire – You! (2011)
- Batkid Begins (2015)
Ama Daetz Measurements :
- Eye Color : Brown
- Hair Color : Black
- Height : No confirmed information is available.
- Feet / Legs / Shoe Size : No confirmed information is available.
- Pregnant ? : Currently, she is not expecting a baby.
- Weight Loss : A few Google queries regarding this, but we couldn’t find anything conclusive on any of her social media.
- Married ? : Yes
- Children / No of Kids : 1
- Ama Daetz Ethnicity / Origin / Heritage / Race : Black
- Nationality : American