Wikipedia Bio / Profile Background
- Christine Sloan is an Emmy award-winning journalist, who is currently hosting FiOS1 television series, Restaurant Hunter.
- She has previously worked for CBS2 NY and NBC 10 as a reporter.
Personal Life, Parents and Family Details :
- Christine Sloan was born and raised in her hometown of Carpinteria, California.
- She spent a few years of her childhood in Iran right before the Islamic Revolution. At the time, there was a sizeable American population in Iran. Her father was working there, and her mom’s family was in Iran.
- She has one sibling – an older sister.
- Christine wanted to explore the modeling career at first when she was growing up and won her local pageant competition to hold the title of ‘Miss Carpinteria’ in 1983-84. She also appeared on the local magazine’s cover!
Education : Qualifications, High School & College Info
- For her education, Christine attended Santa Barbara City College and graduated with an Associate degree in general studies and journalism in 1984.
- She went on to get her Bachelors degree from the University of California at Santa Barbara (UC Santa Barbara) in Political Science in 1989.
- Following this, Christine was accepted into Columbia University Graduate School of Journalism in New York right after finishing up her Bachelor’s degree. She graduated from Columbia with an M.S in Journalism in 1991.
- In the early 1990s, she also tried to land a few modeling projects while studying.
Career, Job, Salary and Net Worth :
- Christine started on her career early on while still in college, where she rose to the ranks of Editor-in-Chief and Business Manager of “The Channels Newspaper,” which was an award-winning college newspaper at Santa Barbara.
- In 1986, she interned at Key 3 News at Santa Barbara.
- Christine produced, wrote, shot, and edited a 30-minute documentary called “My Friend Bob” about a Philadelphia native struggling with AIDS in New York City.
- She then worked in various media outlets in New York like WNET-TV, Whittle Communications, and The Latino News, where she was the Co-Publisher, Business Manager, and Managing Editor.
- She then moved to New Jersey and worked in organizations like WWOR-TV, North Hudson News, and News 12 New Jersey where she was the General Assignment Reporter and Bergen County Bureau Chief.
- Sloan’s big break came when she landed an offer at NBC 10 in Philadelphia and worked there from 1996 to 2002 for six years as a General Assignment Reporter.
- She moved back to New York and landed a job at CBS2 as a New Jersey Reporter and Bureau Chief.
- As of 2020, Christine works as FiOS1 News and hosts and hosts the food show Restaurant Hunter where she tracks down New Jersey’s best restaurants. The show airs every Thursday at 8 pm for 30 minutes. She reviews the food and learns more about the people behind the restaurant and their backstory and struggles.
Interesting Facts and Trivia :
- Christine has a black Labrador dog named ‘Rory’ who underwent treatment for cancer in May of 2019 and went into remission.
- She also has a grown-up daughter (born in the 1990s), whose photos she often shares on her social media profiles.
Body Figure / Physical Info
Christine Sloan Measurements :
- Eye Color : Brown
- Haircut / Hair Color : Brown
- How tall / Height : No confirmed information available.
- Feet / Legs / Boots / Shoe Size : No confirmed information available.
- Pregnant? : Currently, she is not expecting a baby.
Personal / Home Details
- Marital Status / Married? : No confirmed information available.
- Children / No. of Kids : —
- Ethnicity / Origin / Heritage / Race : Mixed
- Nationality : American
Very nice to see you back again, Christian. I thought I recognized you and was glad I was right. Don’t go away again!